Sandf

muhammad1786

is the South African defence force capable of being a super power on the African continent , what is its capabilities and what forms of threats can it respond to

WolfC.lupus

I would first like to comment by saying that I am not in the SANDF but I might still sign up in the years to come.

The SANDF has access to tons of equipment, technology and people with the know how to easily rank it at the top in Africa; but most of the people currently serving are highly incapable of performing their duties. There are still some excellent pockets left full of highly qualified soldiers, and I have been told special forces are still regarded as excellent as well.

The main problem with the SANDF is the corruption and racism. The people in charge are only after money and only want to fill quota's. I have heard from numerous sources that black people (Note I am not a racist, simply stating facts) have the advantage and that in a lot of cases they are able to fill positions that they are not nearly qualified for due to nepotism and racism. Obviously there are exellent black soldiers as well, but there are a lot of instances where these people's reputations are put to shame due to other ignorant black members.

Most of the so called "soldiers" are simply apathetic and greedy. An example would be where two of the safes where aparently broken into on a military base recently, with the milititary police offices about 30m away.

Apart from all the problems mentioned above, I have also heard that the SANDF is going to be in some trouble without some serious spending and less theft occuring from the higher ranking members. I also heard that something like 93% of the defence budget is going towards salaries alone, with the rest being spent on maintenance, upgrades, fuel, general supplies, and all the other needs of the defense force; probably being stolen as well.

Note I may be a little rusty with the figures since I am not a serving member, but from the general look of things I would say the SANDF is in a really bad place at the moment.