Requirements For Joining Delta Special Forces

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I have felonies. All are juvenile. Can I still join?
Cobber, I would suggest contacting your local army recruiting officer who will be able to tell you. This is not a US centric defence forum so we can only offer broad suggestions regarding US military recruitment policies.

Toblerone

Banned Member
I have felonies. All are juvenile. Can I still join?
Are you in the military already? If you think you can directly apply for Delta Force training without having finished other kinds of training (which will take several years), you got another thing coming.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
:D
Distinguished service and capabilities for 3 years+ is more of an starting point, than any recruiters for a chance of qualification....
You seem to have missed the point behind the advice to check with a recruiter. The recruiter should be able to give better specific advice that DT members can on requirements. They could also check to see what will be obstacles to specific MOS paths, or even service generally.

Speaking in broad terms, I would expect service in any of the US special forces to have fairly high security clearance requirements. Criminal convictions could very well bar access to needed clearances. Depending on the specific charges, one could also be considered unfit for regular service. Again, it would take talking to a recruiter or someone with their knowledge of the enlistment processes to make such a determination.