Need Help with Military Jargon

Jix

Hi guys. I'm currently writing a work of fiction that will require military jargon. I need help with some parts. If you know related sites or the actual words and/or expressions I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd help me out. Here is what I'm looking for:

-- 1 --

The command center that is in contact and controls the unit(s) in theater. I think it's J.O.C. but I might be wrong. The entity communicates via radio so it’s not like a Sergeant in theater, but a group of individuals with satellite tracking, experts, a captains, etc.

-- 2 --

The radio system soldiers use to communicate between each other and with the above command center. How do soldiers call it?

-- 3 --

An air rescue. I already have something but I need confirmation if a soldier would say that: "I’ll inform Command (or J.O.C, depending on what you guys suggest) of our plan and set a date with an angel." The word "angel" refers to the air rescue. Does it sound realistic? There might be other problems with this sentence. I'm not sure if a soldier would ever say "plan", "inform command" and "set a date".

-- 4 --

Jargon for a civilian consultant or field expert that actually takes part in an operation. I'm currently using "G3" but need confirmation on this. Might be a P.I.O. but I’m having a hard time sifting through all the different stuff out there.

-- 5 –

Jargon for an intelligence expert that knows the ins-and-outs of a particular topic, like the inner workings of a terrorist group, but who is in theater. Could such an expert be a soldier? Would he/she be armed and be expected to engage the enemy should the need arise?

-- 6 --

A "suit". Think of a guy like Rumsfeld (but not as important) visiting soldiers and meddling in their affairs.

-- 7 --

The responsibilities of a Gunny.

-- 8 --

The responsibilities of an X.O. How would an X.O. rank himself in a unit if it included a Sergeant. Would he order the Sergeant around?

-- 9 --

A better, more accurate expression for a “black-opâ€. You have a unit doing something that’s classified, so how would a regular soldier refer to this operation?

-- 10 --

In one part a soldier is incensed that the intelligence expert didn’t know who had medical skills in the unit. Is there a kind of document the expert would be obliged to read so that he knows who he will be working with? I’m looking for the name of the document, paper or anything related to that.

I think that’s it for now. I hope it’s not asking too much.