Need help in identifying

STURM

Could anybody help in identifying the make of the tripod and thermal imager in these photos. Not sure how true it is but I've been told the tripod was not manufactured by FN. Thank you.

PCShogun

Could anybody help in identifying the make of the tripod and thermal imager in these photos. Not sure how true it is but I've been told the tripod was not manufactured by FN. Thank you.
First image appears to be an Ametralladora 60-20 MAG manufactured under license by Argentina. The Tripod configuration is unique for this type.

The imager appears to be a RayTheon AN/PAS13 Thermal Imager. I don't have the catalog in front of me though to be certain.

PCShogun

First image appears to be an Ametralladora 60-20 MAG manufactured by Argentina. The Tripod configuration is unique for this type. As the FN MAG GPMG is used by so many countries, I imagine the mounts are nearly interchangeable.

The imager appears to be a RayTheon AN/PAS13 Thermal Imager. I don't have the catalog in front of me though to be certain.

STURM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The GPMG in the first photo is definitely from FN Hestrel. I've seen the same tripod being used by other armies, including several European ones but never could ID it.

It appears the Israeli's use the same tripod. It looks very similar to the FN 30 tripod but has some minor external differences.

http://browningmgs.com/FN/08_FNmounts.htm

Last edited: