Military Questions for a Fiction Story

eg_writer

Hello,

My name is Evan, I'm a writer based in Australia.

I'm currently writing a crime/survival thriller and my lead character, who has prior military experience, is living in a remote bush location away from civilization. A phantom character arrives on his property and begins sabotaging his tools and farming equipment, and my lead character must track and capture this rogue trespasser with the few tools he has available at his campsite (he has a rifle, survival knife, ropes, netting, a plethora of survival manuals and books in his outback dwelling - but the tools he has at his disposal could be anything, basically what he has available to him isn't restricted by anything but what an everyday civilian could get their hands on).

I would like to know, once a threat has been discovered on the property and the lead character knows there is a perp out there that he must track & capture, what are the processes he would go through in regards to securing his location, setting up traps and the behaviour he would use (like keeping quiet, no use of light at night etc) in order to capture this rogue character?

I am wanting this to be extremely authentic, hence my posting this here in the forums. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Evan.

Last edited: