Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Army & Security Forces
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

china-UAV-conf-10.jpg

china-UAV-conf-09.jpg

china-UAV-conf-08.jpg

china-UAV-conf-07.jpg
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

military career, what options do i have?

This is a discussion on military career, what options do i have? within the Army & Security Forces forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; I am a citizen of portugal, 30 years old, no military experience. consider i want to follow a military career, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old January 27th, 2013   #1
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
military career, what options do i have?

I am a citizen of portugal, 30 years old, no military experience.
consider i want to follow a military career, what options do i have?
i know i can go to french foreign legion but, beside that is there any other option avaiable?

Thank you

Last edited by castrodaires; January 27th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
castrodaires is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iran's Air Force Industry and a new generation of Fighter Aircrafts Almaleki Air Force & Aviation 30 May 28th, 2014 01:21 PM
Argentine mirage 2000 purchase jaffo4011 Air Force & Aviation 88 February 25th, 2010 12:00 PM
Build a Military Scenario with maps, threats and national interests inside Paveway Geo-strategic Issues 0 July 8th, 2007 05:33 PM
Opening up the Central Front , Jordan. Libyan Military Strategy and Tactics 29 August 10th, 2006 12:41 AM

Old January 28th, 2013   #2
Private First Class
Threads:
The Portugal armed forces (FAP) (forcas Armadas Portuguesas) have a pretty impressive list of equipment available to them and from just a quick google search I see that they have a small but varied army, navy and airforce and participate in quite a few overseas deployments so no need to join the FFL if you want to go overseas to see action. FAP currently has 37,400 personnal according to qiki but it says they are looking to expand, Due to economics I'm not sure how far they are looking to expand but a army of 21000 ish but they got alot of newer kit (from 2003 onward).

They also have a national republican guard of approx 25000 that you might also wish to enquire about. I would have to say I'm mroe of a fan of national forces rather than units like the FFL but both are excellent choices.

As far as joining any FAP branches I dont see anything online, maybe look up the base closest to you and ask there about joining and put you into contact with a recruiter.
EXSSBN2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013   #3
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hi, thanks for your reply

The limit age applying to my case is 24 years. Im currently 30 years old.
And for national republican guard is 28/29

"As condições especiais são:
Ter idade não superior a:
- 30 anos de idade, para os cidadãos possuidores de licenciatura em Medicina habilitados com internato geral;
- 27 anos de idade, para cidadãos possuidores de habilitação académica com grau de bacharelato ou licenciatura;
- 24 anos de idade, para os restantes casos. "

Last edited by castrodaires; January 29th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
castrodaires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013
Lobos82
This message has been deleted by OPSSG. Reason: Violation of forum rules: No one-liners

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: