Which militaries that recruit foreigners is the better?

DorianFrederik

I m confused about which country is the have the better army to recruit foreigners?
Please help me.
Some people say French Foreign Legion
Some say Australian Army
But I want to be a private contractor.
I need to know how ?
Thank you. :gun:gun
I am 20 years old Bulgarian citizen.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
you're asking 2 different things

please note we don't allow "best of" "who's best" "whats the best" type of questions in the forums (have a look at the forum rules to see a brief explanation etc...)

contractors are based in countries where its advantageous for personal and company reasons related to the rules of the country they operate from so its a "long piece of string" response

also, you need to define what you mean re "contractor"

eg the quality of Private military companies vary immensely and depends on where they operate in

in recent times there is a very strong push to only employ people who are ex operators and who have been verified or reccommended by people that they trust already

anti-piracy contractors (the larger ones with an established reputation) only take people with prior experience and they draw them from people who have done VBSS and in my personal experience draw them from ex USN, ex USCG, ex RN, ex Royal Marines, ex RAN or who have been active in anti-piracy patrols with prev task forces that operate in the MEAO. NW Africa and NE and Central Africa.

One company exclusively employs ex Ghurka/Ghorkas

marla

try the french legion but do not expect to earn anything decent untill after your first 4 years and then you would still need to be hired as a contractor and you would need to have an excellent record