M1A2, Al Khalid whats better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderBolt

hi guys,

Al Khalid and M1A2 Abrams come in close. M1A2 has an advatage over Al Khalid, that it is combat tested. (ie Iraq).

These are some general specifications of both tanks. Please comment on which one would perfom better against a same scenario.

M1A2

Crew 4
Weight 69.54 tons
Propulsion 1500 horse power
Power to weight ration 21.6 hp/tons
Range 400 km
Main arnament 120 mm smooth bore cannon, M256
Uranium depelted armour Yes
laser distance finder Yes
NBC protected Yes
Under water ??
Auto targeting ??
Thermal vision Yes
Multi Targeting ??

Al Khalid

Crew 3
Weight 46 tons
Propulsion 1200 horse power
Power to weight ration 26 hp/tons
Range 400 km
Main arnament 125 mm smooth bore cannon, M256
Uranium depelted armour ??
laser distance finder Yes
NBC protected Yes
Under water 5 meters (limited)
Auto targeting Yes
Thermal vision Yes
Multi Targeting Yes

I think that should serve as basic info, but theres is alot more to each one of them, but that will take too much space. Hope this explains a bit. Comments would be appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

ThunderBolt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scenario:

There is another thing and that is that M1A2 work in a whole group ie, with Gunships, bradleys and foot soldiers. But lets say each of them have to work alone, no help from out side. Which one of them would survive the combat.

:)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
ThunderBolt said:
hi guys,

Al Khalid and M1A2 Abrams come in close. M1A2 has an advatage over Al Khalid, that it is combat tested. (ie Iraq).

These are some general specifications of both tanks. Please comment on which one would perfom better against a same scenario.
I don't want to rain on your parade, but these kinds of exercises are just pointless.

warfighting is not about toys - its about systems and logistics.

ajay_ijn

I don't want to rain on your parade, but these kinds of exercises are just pointless.

warfighting is not about toys - its about systems and logistics.
Exactly.
Many comparisions like these have been already made,go and check out previous topics.

I think that should serve as basic info, but theres is alot more to each one of them, but that will take too much space. Hope this explains a bit. Comments would be appreciated.
If u want a Comment,M1A2 is the best performed tank in the world.
The Al-Khalid Performance more depends on what kind of situation it is fighting with its enemy(India),it will have a tough time fighting with India becoz of Large Airpower India has.

However Technically the Best Tank in the world is German Leopard 2A5,many people accept that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.