‘I love killing bad guys’, says Nazia

mysterious

‘I love killing bad guys’, says Nazia
* US-trained elite force joins terror fight

SIHALA: The chief sniper crouched, took aim, and waited. On command, she and three others sent a volley of .308 calibre bullets crashing through a window and into the heads of four “hostage-takers†more than 100 yards away. All were hit between the eyes.

Exactly one second later, 20 Pakistani commandos smashed the doors open, then used stun grenades and M-4 assault rifles to take out the remaining “terror suspectsâ€. “I love killing bad guys,†said Nazia Tabussim, the only female in the new, US-trained Punjab Elite Force, after a demonstration on Wednesday at a police training school just outside Islamabad.

Nine American instructors, all with special forces or SWAT training, have drilled the elite policemen under a scorching summer sun for six weeks part of a US State Department programme to establish crack local anti-terror units around the world. “There are cops in the States that only wish they had a chance to get this kind of training,†said lead instructor Richard Jones. He said the new force would be “heavily involved†in future anti-terror operations.

“We feel it is important for the country’s stability and for them to be able to take care of their internal problems,†he added. Some of the unit’s 24 members picked from among 600 elite police said the course taught them to have no fear.

During the recent exercise, police sneaked up on a “terrorist hide-outâ€, put an explosive device on a reinforced concrete wall and set it off, punching a hole big enough to step through and attack.

Ms Tabussim, considered the group’s most accurate marksman, said she’d have no problem pulling the trigger if the target was a real person even Bin Laden himself rather than the paper cut outs used in the training exercise. —AP

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_13-5-2004_pg7_9

Lets just hope that this training passes on to the rest of the Pakistani police, rangers and other internal security forces as soon as possible to pack a powerful punch in the face of extremism and extremists. :smokingc:

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just an exercise? Excuse me?!?! How else do you train troops? Elite unit training means that the training is 'elite'. Of course the exercises dont give you the tenseness and feel of a real life situation but c'mon, exercises like these are meant to depict real life situations. I'm sure they've had all the things included in the exercises that a real life situation would include. :smokingc:

A

Aussie Digger

Hey Pathfinder, any Terrorist who holes himself up in one location these days is kidding himself (herself perhaps too). Look at the Al-Qaeda suspects who were cornered in Spain recently, the only option they had was to kill themselves. Modern Counter-Terrorism forces are simply getting too good. Anyone who isolates themselves these days will either be arrested or killed. I've seen quite a few "strongholds" assaulted in my time and I even played a hostage victim on an exercise once. A terrorist would not stand a chance in a hostage situation that went "live" these days. Hence the infrequency of such an act... That's why Al-Qaeda has gone for the "mass casualty" type attacks seen recently. Taking hostages is simply futile.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Aussie Digger said:
Hey Pathfinder, any Terrorist who holes himself up in one location these days is kidding himself (herself perhaps too). Look at the Al-Qaeda suspects who were cornered in Spain recently, the only option they had was to kill themselves. Modern Counter-Terrorism forces are simply getting too good. Anyone who isolates themselves these days will either be arrested or killed. I've seen quite a few "strongholds" assaulted in my time and I even played a hostage victim on an exercise once. A terrorist would not stand a chance in a hostage situation that went "live" these days. Hence the infrequency of such an act... That's why Al-Qaeda has gone for the "mass casualty" type attacks seen recently. Taking hostages is simply futile.
if a CT team needs to successfully assault a stronghold they must have the element of suprise, without it, a raid could turn into complete disaster. for example in 1994, a israeli soldier was kidnapped by militants and held in a house , sayeret matkal executed the raid. they installed and blew a breaching charge on the wall, but the charge wasn't strong enough, so they had to make another charge giving terrorist time to kill the hostage and take up positions. at the end of the raid, all terrorist were killed(3 of them), but two CT operator and the hostages were killed, and several others wounded. anyway u look at this operation it is a complete failure.

today's terrorist now focus on hit and run type of attacks, like drive by shooting, bombing.

a pic of the soldier taken hostage and later killed in 1994

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Here are some pictures of the Pakistani CT forces being discussed in the topic:

Here's the famous Nazia. :roll

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Are the Pakistani CT guys using M4's? Isn't Jone the ex US Seals instructor, also an ex FBI HRT trainer?

A

Aussie Digger

I was only referring to the actual CT teams I have seen in action. The Israeli's still completed their mission I guess, the terrorists demands were not met and the terrorists were killed. Unfortunately it didn't succeed in rescuing the hostage, but it was still at least partially successful...

Libyan

Why are those in Uniform and recieving regular pay the Good guys, where as those fighting for more than pay and in many cases their lives or way of life allways the bad guy?