How to react when militants occupy houses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Mookerjee

Banned Member
I have strong views on how the security forces should react in a hostage situation, when houses are occupied by militants. If there are two militants in a house, then militants can at the most, use only two walls for cover and firing simultaneously. The best thing in this situation, is to advance towards the house, all around the house, keeping the windows and other openings under close observation. The militant will need to look out the window, and fire in quick time. If the windows are under close observation by the security forces, they can easily take the militants down. I am just assuming all this, because this perhaps is not practiced by the Indian security forces, who are the best in the world, according to me.
If there are occupants other than militants in the house, then one of two policies should be adopted. The militants should be allowed to fire, until ammunition runs out. If they take the inhabitants hostage, then the security forces should wait, and see if the militants take any lives in the house, and if they do, then the house should be stormed. I advocate this because, then the militants are showing that the lives of the other inhabitants are under grevious danger, and perhaps lives can be saved, if the house is assaulted in the proper manner. The situation on ground in Kashmir is very unhappy, for the people of Kashmir. The militants should be made to see that they should abstain from these acts of violence against the Indian state.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
This subject is already being covered elsewhere.

It's already covered by various international conventions, host nation laws, military justice laws by various countries etc...

the tactical decision making process is bound and formulated by combinations of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.