How long do medical waivers take to be denied/approved?

ArmyReady

I waiting on a medical waiver and its been a month since my last visit to meps. The Doctor said it would not take that long. My specific issue was not listed on the list of things one is usually disqualified specifically but it does say that the doctors themselves can decide if a condition is worth disqualifying you as well for anything not specified on the list. For me it was fingernail chewing which is apparently an automatic DQ. How long should I expect for it to take?

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I waiting on a medical waiver and its been a month since my last visit to meps. The Doctor said it would not take that long. My specific issue was not listed on the list of things one is usually disqualified specifically but it does say that the doctors themselves can decide if a condition is worth disqualifying you as well for anything not specified on the list. For me it was fingernail chewing which is apparently an automatic DQ. How long should I expect for it to take?
I would suggest that you contact your local army recruiting office. Some on here may know but we aren't a US centric forum, because we have a large international base. Good luck though.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Talk to your recruiter. He should be your point of contact. Typically the recruiter is very much interested in getting your waiver approved so you can ship out. If you don't mind sharing, which MEPS is it? It's not the one by Moffet Field is it?

ArmyReady

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talk to your recruiter. He should be your point of contact. Typically the recruiter is very much interested in getting your waiver approved so you can ship out. If you don't mind sharing, which MEPS is it? It's not the one by Moffet Field is it?
I went to the one in Los Angeles