First Pumas to join the german army

reinhard5490

a contract of €3.1billion for 405 units
able to carry 6 personnel, this IFV claimed as one of the best in protection.

*the Rheinmetall had the English version for this article

Onkel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
*the Rheinmetall had the English version for this article
Thx, and here it is.

Rheinmetall Defence - 07/12/2010: Serial start for new PUMA infantry fighting vehicle - Contractual delivery of the first two vehicles

"No comparable vehicle provides its crew with such a high level of protection from typical conflict zone threats such as landmines, rocket propelled grenades and improvised explosive devices. Well-protected yet light enough to airlift, the PUMA's modularity and expandability make it the perfect tool for international conflict management. The PUMA, whose main armament and ammunition had to be modified to match the altered threat spectrum, represents the ultimate in fighting power and survivability."

..what they don´t say: No comparable vehicle is as expensive. But I guess it is worth it, is it?

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
As usual the small production batch is part what makes it so expensive.
If it finds export customers the price will drop.

What I find interesting is that I see no Eurospike launch pod. I thought that the first vehicles would feature it.

But MUSS is there. I doubted that ut to the very end...;)

Nevertheless a fine looking beast!

Onkel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I find interesting is that I see no Eurospike launch pod. I thought that the first vehicles would feature it.

But MUSS is there. I doubted that ut to the very end...;)

Nevertheless a fine looking beast!
Yes, ironically MUSS doesn´t held against primitive RPGs ans IED, but the armour should be well enough to stand them.

The absence of the Spike pod was interesting for me as well. Perhaps they want to improvise and exhaust the somehundredthousand Milan in Afghanistan... ;)