black eagle

lupin

"CHIORNY ORIOL (BLACK EAGLE) Main Battle Tank

The newest Russian main battle tank. A mobility test-bed of a 21th century tank and is a result of radical upgrading of the T-80U MBT. The selection of the T-80U as a base for development of the 5th generation MBT derives from the fact that it is rightfully considered as the best MBT in the world which suc-cessfully combines all the basic per-formance characteristics: speed, maneuverability, fire power and protec-tion system. The Chiorny Oriol has the same overall dimensions as the T-80U does, nevertheless it has a lower silhouette which makes it less distinctive on the terrain. The experts believe that in terms of combination of the basic charac-teristics such as maneuverability, fire power, armour piercing capability and protection this MBT will surpass the Western MBTs such as M1A2 Abrams, Leclerk and Leopard-2 by a factor of 1.5-1.7."

sounds cool :rolleyes:

Elite Brain

aaaditya said:
isnt there a comparable ukranian tank called t84 and what is the status of the t95.:coffee
I think the Ukraine T84 is just an upgraded T-80 MBT. Anyone know how a T-84 MBT compares in a faceoff with a russki t90 ? :coffee

driftder

Elite Brain said:
I think the Ukraine T84 is just an upgraded T-80 MBT. Anyone know how a T-84 MBT compares in a faceoff with a russki t90 ? :coffee
For the answer to that, first we need to find someone who had survived the faceoff. Until then, going by the specs, I would say the T90 will come up tops, provided its not a monkey model for export.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Elite Brain said:
Plus, T-84 has a new welded more-square and angled turret compared to T-80.

Hussain

Have Russian tanks performed well in any modern war? So state of the art in Russian must mean something else in English. Looking at the exhaust fumes from Russian inspired diesel tank engines a Cobra gunship will be able to spot them twenty miles awaY? Have they done anything about the smoke, if it is a diesel ofcourse?

Defcon 6

Hussain said:
Have Russian tanks performed well in any modern war? So state of the art in Russian must mean something else in English. Looking at the exhaust fumes from Russian inspired diesel tank engines a Cobra gunship will be able to spot them twenty miles awaY? Have they done anything about the smoke, if it is a diesel ofcourse?
The T-90 is a great tank. I like russian tanks although yes, I'm a proud american and yes I also like American military hardware. But the T-90 isn't meant to function like the M1A2(1) simply because it has inferior armor. 48 tons compared to 69? Nah. And actually T-90 tanks use gas turbines.

The Black Eagle as it's called has been as already stated, delayed in development. It's possible that it won't ever make it to production while it's still considered "advanced"

aaaditya

Defcon 6 said:
The T-90 is a great tank. I like russian tanks although yes, I'm a proud american and yes I also like American military hardware. But the T-90 isn't meant to function like the M1A2(1) simply because it has inferior armor. 48 tons compared to 69? Nah. And actually T-90 tanks use gas turbines.

The Black Eagle as it's called has been as already stated, delayed in development. It's possible that it won't ever make it to production while it's still considered "advanced"
well the t80's have a gas turbine engine ,which i beleive has been replaced by diesels on the pakistani tanks,the t90's also have diesels(the indians tanks have diesels),i guess the choice of powerplant would be customer and region specific.:coffee

Defcon 6

ok. so the whole point of your post is that they use diesel except for the superior russian versions? great. that was a waste of forum space. Does anyone know of a site where I can find specific tank engagement ranges?