APC BTR -80 Overhauling /servicing WORKSHOP

Mostafiz

We know many countries Army has purchased APC BTR-80 of Russia & which has a long durable period .
Other than the manufacturer which other countries /service providers help these APC BTR-80 owner countries for overhauling of these APC? Does they provide only service or set up any workshop in those user countries? Who are those service providers? have you any idea?Will appreciate your advise very much.

Thanks in advance.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I understand, they would have to go back to Russia for overhaul. This is typical for Russian military equipment. That having been said, it's not impossible to set up local facilities, it's just uncommon.

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
There's at least one company in Hungary that does and another in Ukraine that could be convinced to do that kind of stuff. Not that hard to find with Google either.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's at least one company in Hungary that does and another in Ukraine that could be convinced to do that kind of stuff. Not that hard to find with Google either.
Do they do it in Hungary, or locally?

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
They provide the full maintenance cycle for Hungarian Forces in Afghanistan and apparently have some experience as a subcontractor for US-based PMCs.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
They provide the full maintenance cycle for Hungarian Forces in Afghanistan and apparently have some experience as a subcontractor for US-based PMCs.
My question is, can they do a complete overhaul (капитальный ремонт) on-site, or do the vehicles need to be shipped back to Hungary for that?

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
My Hungarian isn't good enough to determine that, but the following seems to suggest they do on-site:
A saját telephelyünkön végzett javítások mellett fontos szerep jut a helyszíni technikai kiszolgálásoknak, gyakorlatra és műveletekre történő felkészítéseknek, javításoknak.
Ezt a munkát az alakulatok telephelyén, vagy a meghibásodás illetve a gyakorlat helyszínén, missziós területeken hajtjuk végre.
Speciális feladat a nagyteljesítményű áramforrás aggregátorok helyszíni javítása, karbantartása, amelyet vevőszolgálat jelleggel végzünk.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
From what I understand, they would have to go back to Russia for overhaul. This is typical for Russian military equipment. That having been said, it's not impossible to set up local facilities, it's just uncommon.
No shortage of companies in the baltic which offer full vehicle maint - when I was contracting we could have sourced mech support from poland. hungary, romania, bulgarians (through turkish intermediaries)