AICW potentially replacing F88 AuSteyr as ADF main rifle

Should the AICW replace the F88 AuSteyr is the ADF main rifle?

• YES!!!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Only the M203 Equipped F88 AuSteyr in a section.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

AlphaTeam

Hello, if this topic has been talked about then I’m sorry I was an able to find it and if you could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

I’ve heard that the AICW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance..._Combat_Weapon) will be potentially replacing the F88 AuSteyr as the ADF main rifle by 2010-2012. While being able to launch three 40mm grenades without reloading would be usefull as well as the new sights, but to me it looks too bulky and from what I can see sports no bayonet lug which to me posses a great disadvantage in CQC, also a thought just came to me that it would be hell to use on parade. :p:

To me the F88 AuSteyr is an adequate weapon for the ADF.
Also I thought that the AICW could replace the F88 AuSteyr with grenade launchers in a section and keep the F88 AuSteyr as the primary weapon for the ADF
I will state that I have no experience in the armed forces at present and could be wrong and if so tell me.

Cheers AlphaTeam :australia
P.S may not be able to reply for three-four days

Discuss

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Please do not open multiple threads on the same subject.

If in doubt, ask a Mod (Dark Blue = Webmaster, Brown = Super Mods, Red = Area Mods) for direction or a Senior Member (Green title bar) for advice before posting

Thanks in advance...