Welcome to the Professional Defense Analysis and Discussions Forum

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello Folks,

The Professional Defense Analysis and Discussions Forum is intended for those who are in the defence industry or those who have experience in the military. However, regular members and guests can also view the threads/posts but will not be able to post replies, or download attachments.

Since discussions in the "open" forums always seem to get off track even with one of the strictiest moderation on the internet; we believe this place would serve as a "refuge" for defense industry professionals and military experienced members to relax and have productive and focused debates and discussions among each other.

We hope that other "hidden" professionals (those who are just visitors and readers) would like this idea, join in and participate in the discussions.

How do you join this group? Some requirements (must meet one):
  1. You must be in Defence Industry
  2. If you are not in the defence industry, you must have some type of experience in it (either in the past or present)
  3. You must be in the Military services
  4. Or you must have past Military experience
  5. If you are a student in a university / defence studies institute studying defence issues and related subjects, you may also join.
  6. If you demonstrate enough knowledge of the field in a professional and respectful manner on our regular forums, you can also join or you may be approached by one of our moderators/admins to give you an invitation to join Defense Professionals Group on Defence Talk.
How to join?
  1. Please see attached image for a visual
  2. Login
  3. Click on the "UserCP" link on the top navigation bar
  4. Scroll down a little bit and you will see "Group Membership," please click on the link.
  5. You will see various groups that you can join, please click on "join this group / join group" next to the "Defense Professionals" group.
  6. See attached image for another review
Once you have clicked on "join group" your request will be looked at and will be approved after serious consideration.

Current members:
1A171
A. D. Dailey
adsH
AMTP10E
Aussie Digger
Awang se
bd popeye
bigredm285
boooby
brooks82
chinook1
Col.Gen.
corsair7772
demarapl
dwag04
eric.mcenroe
EW3
faber
FmrJarHead
Francois
gf0012-aust
Gremlin29
hawakasipahi
highsea
jab528
jasendorf
jbdbrutis
Jeff Head
johnhollar
jungleron
kirton25
Kurt Plummer
lanesl
leudesdorj
llglass
lwilkening
mc
Mike Meyers
mojr33
muzquiz
Nathan
Pathfinder-X
pborgen
PJRanger
pogue
pshamim
radardan
Rhinotank
rickusn
SABRE
sheddsf
sikorskijl
spscanlo
Tallgeese
tatra
thillja
tony.thorne
trongod52
viper007
Whiskyjack
Wild Weasel

Go here for a complete list:
http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showgroups.php?

I know there are more members who qualify, so please let me know through PM or through email at: [email protected]

Thanks and Enjoy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

guppy

I would like to join but what constitutes verifiable proof that one has military origins?

Does being able to explain JPS 3-09.3 count?

cheers

guppy

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I would like to join but what constitutes verifiable proof that one has military origins?

Does being able to explain JPS 3-09.3 count?

cheers

guppy
typically it constitutes a current military address, discharge papers, service papers or recommendation from a member who is currently serving or within the military industry, ie they will validate credentials.

in ex spec forces cases we have the capacity to verify whether individuals have served through our own private connections

guppy

Thanks.

I will skip it, not worth the hassle. I also don't understand what is the fuss about. Based on postings, it can already be identified who is/was and who is/was never in the military.

Thanks again for the reply

cheers

guppy

Ozzy Blizzard

Thanks.

I will skip it, not worth the hassle. I also don't understand what is the fuss about. Based on postings, it can already be identified who is/was and who is/was never in the military.

cheers

guppy
Try the blue name... ;)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Thanks.

cheers

guppy
in the past we have had problems claiming experience and association to further their arguments (and for some reason being ex specops seems to be a favourite)

we have to be rigid to protect the integrity of those who do have a background. accordingly we expect those individuals to provide a different level of response where approp.

guppy

Ahh....ozzy, the blue name...I didn't know

Anyway, gf0012-aust, thanks for the reply but it doesn't really matter.

I just wanted to ask a question and I will pm you separately.

cheers

Guppy