Upcoming Restrictions and changes to DT

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello Folks,

NOTE: These actions are only to stop young kids, spammers and those who have no intentions of having discussion but causing trouble.

In coming days and weeks you will see some important and much needed restrictions and changes to DefenceTalk on things like strict registration procedure and posting.

We have started this process from banning some problematic and "one time" email addresses that people use to register just for the heck of it rather than participate or contribute to the forum and if most people registered from these email addresses do participate it is in very unprofessional and immature manner which hurts DefenceTalk and we believe such members are not worth wasting resources of DefenceTalk.com. For those who are registered from these email addresses and present themselves in a professional and mature manner, they will be not affected - however any future registeration from these email domains has now been disabled.

Please take note: If you are already registered, you need NOT worry because this does not affect you and only FUTURE registerations are affected.

@bumpymail.com
@centermail.com
@centermail.net
@discardmail.com
@dodgeit.com
@e4ward.com
@emailias.com
@front14.org
@ghosttexter.de
@jetable.net
@kasmail.com
@link2mail.net
@mailexpire.com
@mailinator.com
@mailmoat.com
@messagebeamer.de
@mytrashmail.com
@nervmich.net
@netmails.net
@netzidiot.de
@nurfuerspam.de
@privacy.net
@punkass.com
@sneakemail.com
@sofort-mail.de
@spam.la
@spamex.com
@spamgourmet.com
@spamhole.com
@spaminator.de
@spammotel.com
@spamtrail.com
@trash-mail.de
@trashmail.net
@rediffmail.com
@indiatimes.com

We are also considering banning these email domains as well and will let you know if we end up banning these as well:

@yahoo.com
@hotmail.com
@hotmail.co.uk
@yahoo.co.uk
@email.com
@rocketmail.com
@myownemail.com
@lycos.com
@msn.com
@juno.com
@care2.com
@mail.com
@gmail.com
@aol.com
@mail.com
@bravenet.com
@netscape.com
@fastmail.com

If you are a military or defence industry professional and you're having problems registering, please send an email to [email protected]

Thanks,

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2200+ users banned for inactivity excluding those who were registered from .mil email domain. These users include those who were inactive for 365 days and/or registered before September 11th, 2004 and had only 0 posts.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
516 inactive users deleted since all of them did not confirm their email address.

slapshot

Hi This is my first post. I just registered yesterday on a yahoo.ca address. I understand that the spamming problem your having but is there noway just to ban certain emails address instead of a hole domain. I sure your job here is very time intensive and I am just getting used to how this site works. Would hate to wake up one morning and be banned :).
Thanks for your time and patience
Slapshot

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
The users already registered do NOT need to worry about this.

In the first post it says:

Please take note: If you are already registered, you need NOT worry because this does not affect you and only FUTURE registerations are affected.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
ALL new member registrations will have to go through the Administrator for approval before new members can post/reply and use forum features. This is to control some of the recent spammers and most importantly multiple nick registrations by banned members like Kashifshezad (pak) and his Indian counter part dronzer.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Gmail is awesome, indeed.

The ones under consideration will probably never get banned.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Nah, we won't. I don't think it will come to that. We started banning the KNOWN spammer friendly domains first and stopped right there.

Know that members already registered do not need to worry about these issues because email domain bans only matter for new registrations. :)

Kiwi1988

Question with banning of these email addy's "domains", I was just thinking not all users are spammers and wouldn't that limit your membership pool?

And wouldn't the pain in necks just use another email provider not on your banned list?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
You are right, not all users are spammers but it is a wise decision to ban spam friendly email address domains and domains used by spammers often.

The email domains which are very popular (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc.) are still not banned and we won't be banning those unless there is a huge influx of spammers and like from those domains... still the ban would be temporary, IF there is one.