Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > DefenceTalk Management > Announcements

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Photobucket Sharing Demands

This is a discussion on Photobucket Sharing Demands within the Announcements forum, part of the DefenceTalk Management category; For those who use Photobucket to post and store images, they have changed their terms and conditions so that free ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old July 8th, 2017   #1
General
Threads:
Photobucket Sharing Demands

For those who use Photobucket to post and store images, they have changed their terms and conditions so that free users can no longer be shared to or embedded in third party sites. If free users wish to continue to do so, Photobucket are charging US$399-00 per year to do so. This was instituted with little warning and fanfare. In the last week this change has played havoc with many blogs and forums, especially those that are image intensive. Therefore if posters wish to link images to the Defence Talk forum, other fora or blogs, I would suggest using another free service. Flickr appears to be the one that many (including myself) are going too.

Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'
Old July 10th, 2017   #2
Defense Professional / Analyst
Captain
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngatimozart View Post
For those who use Photobucket to post and store images, they have changed their terms and conditions so that free users can no longer be shared to or embedded in third party sites. If free users wish to continue to do so, Photobucket are charging US$399-00 per year to do so. This was instituted with little warning and fanfare. In the last week this change has played havoc with many blogs and forums, especially those that are image intensive. Therefore if posters wish to link images to the Defence Talk forum, other fora or blogs, I would suggest using another free service. Flickr appears to be the one that many (including myself) are going too.

Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'
Photobucket/tiny pic goofed up thousands of my posted photos by deleting them . And tinypic only allows urls to be used for six months in most cases. then those urls are given to another member. And they post all sorts of nonsense.

As for a free site...try imgur or posanimage. Both are 100% free.
bd popeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: