Photobucket Sharing Demands

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
For those who use Photobucket to post and store images, they have changed their terms and conditions so that free users can no longer be shared to or embedded in third party sites. If free users wish to continue to do so, Photobucket are charging US$399-00 per year to do so. This was instituted with little warning and fanfare. In the last week this change has played havoc with many blogs and forums, especially those that are image intensive. Therefore if posters wish to link images to the Defence Talk forum, other fora or blogs, I would suggest using another free service. Flickr appears to be the one that many (including myself) are going too.

Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'

bd popeye

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
For those who use Photobucket to post and store images, they have changed their terms and conditions so that free users can no longer be shared to or embedded in third party sites. If free users wish to continue to do so, Photobucket are charging US$399-00 per year to do so. This was instituted with little warning and fanfare. In the last week this change has played havoc with many blogs and forums, especially those that are image intensive. Therefore if posters wish to link images to the Defence Talk forum, other fora or blogs, I would suggest using another free service. Flickr appears to be the one that many (including myself) are going too.

Amazon and eBay images broken by Photobucket's 'ransom demand'
Photobucket/tiny pic goofed up thousands of my posted photos by deleting them . And tinypic only allows urls to be used for six months in most cases. then those urls are given to another member. And they post all sorts of nonsense.

As for a free site...try imgur or posanimage. Both are 100% free.