Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > DefenceTalk Management > Announcements
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

DT Hall of Shame - Ban List

This is a discussion on DT Hall of Shame - Ban List within the Announcements forum, part of the DefenceTalk Management category; Yea but i cant get the th notion of mods vs viewers out of my head....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old June 20th, 2004   #76
Defense Professional / Analyst
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
Yea but i cant get the th notion of mods vs viewers out of my head.

-Rage Against the Machine
Old June 24th, 2004   #77
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:
navypilot banned for enticing flames and posting insult to another member.

Patriotism aside, don't insult members here otherwise you will be KICKED OUT! Learn to follow the damn rules.

PS: This thread belongs in the public. So everyone can see the real faces of some of the idiots that show up here thinking they can insult anyone and misuse the privileges and still get away with it.
Old June 26th, 2004   #78
Defense Professional / Analyst
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
You know, maybe we should have the posts come to us before they are put on the forum. we could just mull through em n kick out the dirt so other members wont have 2 see the bullshit....if it can be arranged that is.

-Rage Against the Machine
Old June 26th, 2004   #79
Defense Aficionado
General
Threads:
Re: The bad, the ugly and the unfortunate - Ban List!

That will take hours for a post to go thru! I think the current thing is much better. Just delete or edit any B.S. you guys (Mods) find.
Old August 5th, 2004   #80
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:

Srirangan and The Watcher banned until further notice.

I am not going to allow people to take out their personal hatred for certain countries in our threads. Go somewhere else you can freely post such things and get away with it not here!!!
Old August 6th, 2004   #81
Tribal Warlord
Colonel
Threads:

Webs, maybe banning Srir and Watcher isn't such a good idea. Srir has helped the site on the weapon section while watcher is one of the oldest member here. Both has contributed alot to the site.They don't deserve to be banned for a few insults, instead why not warn them or delete their BS posts?
Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you’re not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think “at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch.” Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work.
Old August 6th, 2004   #82
Peace Enforcer
Major
Threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebMaster
Srirangan and The Watcher banned until further notice.

I am not going to allow people to take out their personal hatred for certain countries in our threads. Go somewhere else you can freely post such things and get away with it not here!!!
Good, I was getting tired of prunning their posts.They need some time in suspension to cool off!
They almost had me going balistic as well

I suggest a new rule, no mocking oneanother's nationality/ethnicity etc.
Old August 6th, 2004   #83
Grumpy Old Man
General
Threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by umair
Good, I was getting tired of prunning their posts.They need some time in suspension to cool off!

They almost had me going balistic as well

I suggest a new rule, no mocking oneanother's nationality/ethnicity etc.
I second the motion. This week has been particularly bad, I've worn my fingers to a stub editing and deleting flames and baits.

The other thing is that people persistently will post a topic that baits the other side very soon after the end of a previous "bait" - so the cycle continues on...

It gets a little tiresome.
Old August 6th, 2004   #84
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:

Pathfinder, I feel the same but for the sake of upholding the rules and apply them to anyone who misuses posting rights is needed. I didn't want to ban either of them but one has to look for over all health betterment of the forum.

They were contributing fine but too bad they got into this sneaky mud attacks on each other.
Old August 7th, 2004   #85
Defense Aficionado
General
Threads:

Aha! Sri, cant say much about him cuz replying to his provocative posts was making me too tired and so I stopped coming to DT for a couple o' days; now I feel like I can sit, relax, read all the posts at my own pace and reply with ease without getting worried that somebody's waiting to bite my ass everytime I post a reply. Watcher, I dont know what got in to him cuz he's a good guy and a sincere person as far as DT goes. Wish him luck to come back as early as the Admin deems it to be possible.

Admin: Both contribute to the forum above a lot of others, but we do not play favorites. Supporting one and not the other is just as unhealthy regarding the issue of bad blood and arguments in here.

You should wish them both good luck if you were sincere.
Old August 7th, 2004   #86
Defense Enthusiast
Captain
Threads:
Hey Webbi Banning Srirangan, he was ok, BRING HIM BACK

Admin: The issue is that both Sri and Watcher were unable to contain their passion towards each others point of view. There is a lesson here for everyone. Intolerance is not tolerated.
Old August 7th, 2004   #87
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:

Both Sri and Watcher are okay and good fellows but RULES APPLY TO ALL! They were mocking and insulting each others nation. Sri had gotten warnings before as well when he had issues with myst, sabre, adsh, etc.

Control your emotions when you discuss certain sensitive issues.
Old August 7th, 2004   #88
Defense Aficionado
Major General
No Avatar
Threads:

WOW is srri actually barred (has a ban for couple of days) i thought he was taking a break!!
Old August 7th, 2004   #89
Defense Enthusiast
Master Sergeant
No Avatar
Threads:

Am happy to know about both of them. Both were indulging in mudslinging a bit too much lately. Would be best if both are allowed to come back once their brains are cooled down and they know how to respect others and reply with a balanced attitude. Sad, that both are intelligent fellows who contribute to the forum so much and having that intellect also, they could not keep it cool.

Is the ban on both of them permanent or it is temporary. I wish it was temporary though... but then it is for you guys to decide.
Old August 7th, 2004   #90
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:
The ban is temporary. Both made great contributions to the forum and had a lot of posts without any problem. I don't see any reason why they can't continue with some maturity and civility.

On the other hand, if myst can get so many chances, why not watcher and sri? :P :P :P (just kidding myst)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: