Database ISSUES - problem fixed!!!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
:( :(

Had some issues with the database today, restored it. Lost about a day's posts(300 or so) but that is fine.

Forums back on.

Apologies.

Thanks,

Enjoy!

mysterious

Thats why I was like, "where the hell are all of ma recent posts"?!?! LOL And just look at the recent threads, due to posts being lost; it looks like we've gone back in time with all the new threads hardly having anyone's posts/discussion. Now thats a lot of 'quality discussion' lost. :roll

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry about that people. We use to have auto update of the database twice a week but now its done automated three times a week so that loss can be minimized when something goes wrong, hopefully we won't have to use that backup file. :) 300 posts isn't much. ;)

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Still having issues with the forum and much of the site. :(

mysterious

Yeah I can see the website is back to its old lay-out/color scheme; plus it wasnt accessible for quite a while since yesterday. Did the database also lose pictures? I uploaded 10 the other day, do I hafta upload 'em again?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
No pictures are there. It will be back soon. The database of the pictures is in tact.

We didn't lose any pictures.

mysterious

Ahan. Well I just checked the gallery, the pics that I uploaded are all gone!!How secure are we now from another Database hiccup?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Pictures are THERE only database enteries that hold those pics were altered with.

example:

hard copy of a picture - mysterious.jpg -
then
a line is entered intot he database okay picture mysterious.jpg belongs in category id 3, album id 45, location (say that albums has 30 pics and # of mysterious.jpg pic was 23) it would enter 23 as the loc #. So when you go out there to get it... database tells the user okay its in this folder, this album, etc.

The actual hard copies of the pictures are still there and you will see me updating the gallery page in coming days.