Bye bye

AlfaSigma

For unexplicable reasons you are censoring all my posts.
Under those conditions there is no point for me to contribute to this forum. Therefore I ask you to delete my account.
Thank you.

RobWilliams

Super Moderator
Staff member
Under those conditions there is no point for me to contribute to this forum. Therefore I ask you to delete my account.
Thank you.
Moderators don't censor or delete posts without a good reason which they state clearly on the post or give reason for deletion.

Any idea of the reasons being 'unexplicable' are down to your lack of thoroughness when looking at the changes, not the moderators.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you.
Alfa, I have looked through your posting history and it looks like your posts were appearing in an "unapproved" state, which is not expected behaviour and is in line with a bug I've been noticing over the last few weeks.

I've approved these posts, let me know if this continues to happen and I'll look into it further. In the meantime feel free to continue posting, hopefully this problem will not happen again now I've approved those posts that weren't appearing.

No one in the mod team has been censoring your posts. There has been an issue with posts appearing in an unapproved state, as I mentioned.

Moderators don't censor or delete posts without a good reason which they state clearly on the post or give reason for deletion.

Any idea of the reasons being 'unexplicable' are down to your lack of thoroughness when looking at the changes, not the moderators.
We don't censor posts without good and stated reasons, however in this case the explanation is a problem with the forum, and not the poster's fault at all.

AlfaSigma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alfa, I have looked through your posting history and it looks like your posts were appearing in an "unapproved" state, which is not expected behaviour and is in line with a bug I've been noticing over the last few weeks.

I've approved these posts, let me know if this continues to happen and I'll look into it further. In the meantime feel free to continue posting, hopefully this problem will not happen again now I've approved those posts that weren't appearing.

No one in the mod team has been censoring your posts. There has been an issue with posts appearing in an unapproved state, as I mentioned.

We don't censor posts without good and stated reasons, however in this case the explanation is a problem with the forum, and not the poster's fault at all.
Oh ok sorry about that. I just assumed it was intentional.
Please disregard my previous request.

PCShogun

If you REALLY want to see censorship, try posting something against Iran on Press TV

They refuse to post 8 out of 10 of my posts, and 1 of the two that do go up, get stripped of the negative comment so it because a positive or neutral statement. The one that gets through unaltered is when I have something positive to say about the article (Yes, I have some positive things to say about Iran :)

My2Cents

If you REALLY want to see censorship, try posting something against Iran on Press TV
Why are you surprised? That is the English language news section of the government owned Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting.

And if they did post any of your negative comments that would be defamation of the state, and they would be looking out at the world from a jail cell while awaiting possible execution and a trial.

Methos

Since the topic of this threads match with my question:
Do some of my posts also appear "unapproved"? I have tried posting three times in another thread, but allways my posts did not appear, instead it was said that these posts need to be approved. So is this also a bug or is an one week old thread already to inactive to allow new posts there?

Preceptor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since the topic of this threads match with my question:
Do some of my posts also appear "unapproved"? I have tried posting three times in another thread, but allways my posts did not appear, instead it was said that these posts need to be approved. So is this also a bug or is an one week old thread already to inactive to allow new posts there?

Your posts are now approved.
-Preceptor

Preceptor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you.
Does a post need to be approved when it is above a special length? I just replied in the T-90 thread and it said that my post needs to get approved again.
You are welcome. The issue with posts occasionally needing to be approved has something to do with the spam filter occasionally being triggered by something in the post itself. The overall length (or brevity) of the posts AFAIK is not relevant.
-Preceptor

mAIOR

You are welcome. The issue with posts occasionally needing to be approved has something to do with the spam filter occasionally being triggered by something in the post itself. The overall length (or brevity) of the posts AFAIK is not relevant.
-Preceptor
I thought that post approval was a feature for new members (you know, until overall post quality is asserted for that user). I also have a unapproved post. Could you please check it out?

Thanks

AegisFC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I took care of it.
A few years ago we had a bad spam problem on this board. There is a more strict spam filter in place but sometimes it goes a bit overboard with new users.