Trek Aerospace Dragonfly VTOL ducted fan

rjmaz1

http://www.millenniumjet.com/

Now what is everyones opinion of this technology?

Personally i see this technology being used in the next US attack helicopter, it is already being funded heavily by the US.

Ducted fans provide more lift, are smaller and quieter than helicopter rotar. Agility and speed in the sky would be a huge advancement over a typical helicopter.

With the advancement of Sensor fusion i can see Attack helicopters becoming single seat and smaller. I've heard rumours that the latest version has begun testing and has already already shown that its speed is insanely quick aiming towards hitting 400km/h.

I wouldn't be surprised if future version hit 500km/h this extra speed would allow to move from the APACHE style role to that of the A-10 tank buster. The A-10's usually cruise over the battle field at a similar speed so with helmet guided weapons it would be a sensational weapon.

They are developing this on a low budget, I cant wait until they replace the rotary motor with a gas turbine that provides double the power for the same amount of weight, performance figures would go through the roof compared to conventional helicopters

Last edited: