Should PN aquire stealth ships ?

Oqaab

As u ppl know that countries like Saudi Arabia, Malaysia are now interested in stealth ships and will be inducting some in future. Even India is trying to get more stealth ships such as P-17 and Talwar. Warships like La Fayette of France and Chinese stealth ships are very expensive and since our defence budget in only 3 billion per year, we definatly cant get these ships.

The Amazon class frigates are the backbone of PN. Should we upgrade these six ships with stealth technology with the help of France or China ???? And BTW, China will be selling us four Jaingwei II (F-22p) Frigates and we can upgrade those ships as well.

The Advantages,

1. No need of buying costly ships.
2. It will not too much money.
3. F-22p ships armed with C-802/803 missiles and stealth technology will be able to counter any stealth ship and in this way we will be having four stealth ships in our fleet.

What do u think guys ????

All contributions are welcomed and will be appretiated.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Well if you are footing the bill then why not get some Visby Class Frigates from Sweden?? :) :) :D
No but seriously, the F-22P are already an upgraded version of Jiangwei so will not be needing much more upgrades immediately after Pakistan buys them. On the other hand the PN needs to be strengthened in order to counter any sea blockade which an enemy might obviously try to do in case of conflict with pakistan. Or better yet......if it does happen then just nuke the blockade!! :D

Winter

I'm probably wrong but I doubt you could convert a regular war vessel such as an Active-class frigate to a full-stealth capacity. You possibly could minimise its signature through major restructuring and such but that has probably already been done in a local and design sense.

Oqaab

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
shamayel,

First of all, Visby is a corvette and not a frigate. Basically, It was made to counter submarines and what I mean was to make PN stealth with stealth frigates or destroyers. Secondly, as I mentioned before, we do not have much funds to aquir stealth ships. Do u know the price of these corvettes ????
:)

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Oqaab dude Pakistan doesn´t have the cash or the need for Visby corvettes. i think instead of jumping too far ahead one should upgrade the PN steadily and gradually. First of all the 3 Agostas will give good boost to the PNs striking power and if the F-22Ps are inducted that will be another step. Only after that any stealth ship could be looked into. But lets not put the cart before the horse. :D

The Watcher

Pakistan's navy do need some help but I don't think with induction of stealth ships. Pakistan needs newer and better ships capable of halting any indian navy advancments with antiship missiles and anti sub armament. Spending money on stealth would do no good atleast not for now... in future they would be a feasable option!

Oqaab

First of all the 3 Agostas will give good boost to the PNs striking power and if the F-22Ps are inducted that will be another step. Only after that any stealth ship could be looked into. But lets not put the cart before the horse
Pakistan selected agostas to couter kilo subs. Agostas do have some stealth features but I dont think they can score much against stealth ships. About F-22p, these ships will surely enhance PNs defence capabilities but since China is now making stealth destroyers like "Type 052" I think Pakistan should ask China to share the stealth systems of this warship with F-22p.

Oqaab

Come on yaar shamayel, lets have a debate over it. Where are u ??? ;)

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Ok dude Oqaab am here. Problem with Chinese supply is that nowadays China is itself arming its navy at a rapid pace. All or most of its resources are going into building DDGs and FFGs for its own navy, which was quite weak and needed improvement. So I think maybe they are not ready to be fulfilling export orders for the PN at this moment. But I am sure in a couple of years they would be ready to export and would have had the experience of making good ships with stealth features and maybe even the AEGIS type of radar.
I think its good idea to take the F-22P now...also try to make 3 more Agosta probably. And then gradually get into some transfer of technology contract with the Chinese ship building industry. But it is true that stealth featured ships like the chinese Type 052 will give a superb boost to PN.

Another thing is that in ships the stealth features are difficult to integrate with older ships. I think its only possible while making new ships.....like it is constructed in such a fashion so as to keep the RCS to a minimum. I think its difficult to do these things with an already built ship.

Winter

A very nice and capable vessel but unfortunately it wouldn't pay to throw 1,500 tonners against an enemy carrier battle group......Or an Indian Delhi for instance. Malaysia's strategic situation is completely different to Pakistan's.

Oqaab

The options are Chinese type 052 or French La Fayette stealth ships. Pakistan is not wealthy enough to buy these ships in next 2-3 years but we can get the necessary stealth technology need to counter stealth ships.

mikoyan

Would be a good bet for Pakistan to get some stealth equipped ships. As for the f-22s I see them as replacements for pakistan's existing Leanders and Type-21's rather than as augmentations to PNs strike force.

Oqaab

Chinese are not willing to give pakistan any discount? So much for "good friends" crap!
Of cource we have to buy the technology. But only the technology of some componente, not the whole ship.

Would be a good bet for Pakistan to get some stealth equipped ships. As for the f-22s I see them as replacements for pakistan's existing Leanders and Type-21's rather than as augmentations to PNs strike force.
Well, type-21 can still serve for another 5-6 years but these needs upgrade.

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Well stealth frigates dont seem neccessary right now
The F-22s should be used for the defence of Gwadar cuz come on guyz! pakistan is about 2 have 2 port cities instead of 1.

so frigates is ok but if were thinking of blasting bombay with stealth frigates.. we should do it with a pair of agostas instead armed with some good SSM missiles just like the indians did 2 karachi in 1971 with their OSAs.
Any blockade on the otherhand can be dealt with by the PAF and the subs b4 the PN sends in it's own ships.

Oqaab

corsair7772 said:
Well stealth frigates dont seem neccessary right now
The F-22s should be used for the defence of Gwadar cuz come on guyz! pakistan is about 2 have 2 port cities instead of 1.

so frigates is ok but if were thinking of blasting bombay with stealth frigates.. we should do it with a pair of agostas instead armed with some good SSM missiles just like the indians did 2 karachi in 1971 with their OSAs.
Any blockade on the otherhand can be dealt with by the PAF and the subs b4 the PN sends in it's own ships.
U mean, Indian submarines launched Surface-Surface missiles over PAK ???? Man, they dont have SSM launching submarines at that time. Bombing should be done from Ships and this is what Pakistan did in 1965.

Anyways, there are no plans of destroying bombay but we need stuff to counter stealth ships.

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
Imeant that the indians blasted Karachi with Osas.

And we cant destroy bombay but a couple of SSMs on those loading areas and other facilities would suit us nicely...

BTW 2 counter stealth frigates u basically use visual recon from aircraft, helis and some FACs