China Submarine Accident Kills 70

ullu

So sad, 70 professionals perished. Condolences for the families and support to great china!

-
China Submarine Accident Kills 70 - Xinhua
Fri May 2, 2003 09:57 AM ET
BEIJING (Reuters) - An accident on board a Chinese conventional submarine has killed all of its 70 officers and crew, the official Xinhua news agency said on Friday.
The accident, which occurred in Chinese territorial waters in recent days, was caused by mechanical problems during training, Xinhua said but gave no further details or a date.

It was one of the worst naval accidents in Communist China's history, a military source said.

"Unfortunately, all 70 men and officers aboard the submarine died," Xinhua said. The submarine has been towed to an unidentified port, Xinhua added.

In the mid-1980s, a destroyer exploded near the southern island province of Hainan killing nearly 100 people.

The Central Military Commission sent its condolences to families of officers and crew, it said.

The 2.5 million-strong People's Liberation Army has a fleet of about 90 submarines.
:cop

Nucleas

Re: China Submarine Accident Kills 70 - Xinhua

Poor Sailors..... My heart goes out to their families... Wish there is some way to reduce these sort of tragic incidents... :(

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
There is a way!! Trash those trashy Romeo class SUbs!!! i mean they can buy Agostas in relatively nice numbers and bulid them 2 then y keep those floating hulks

Oqaab

corsair7772 said:
There is a way!! Trash those trashy Romeo class SUbs!!! i mean they can buy Agostas in relatively nice numbers and bulid them 2 then y keep those floating hulks
They are making "Song" subs. Why will they purchase Agostas from us ??