Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

Nellis_14_1298-1.JPG

Nellis_14_0771-1.JPG

Nellis_14_0887-1.JPG

Nellis_14_0043-1.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

Qaher 313 New Iranian Fighter Jet

This is a discussion on Qaher 313 New Iranian Fighter Jet within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Iran has unveiled a new domestically-designed and developed fighter jet, which is said to be similar to a US-made warplane. ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old February 2nd, 2013   #1
Private
Threads:
Qaher 313 New Iranian Fighter Jet

Iran has unveiled a new domestically-designed and developed fighter jet, which is said to be similar to a US-made warplane.

Qaher-313 (Conqueror-313) advanced military aircraft was put on display during a ceremony on Saturday in the presence of Commander of Iran’s Army Major General Ataollah Salehi, Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi and Commander of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) Brigadier General Hassan Shah-Safi on the occasion of the Ten-Day Dawn celebrations commemorating the victory of 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who addressed the unveiling ceremony, reiterated that Iran’s defense might did not serve purposes of “expansionism and aggression against other countries” and it was “deterrent” by nature.

Ahmadinejad also stated that the fighter jet had been completely designed and manufactured by Iranian experts.

The new single-seat bomber has been manufactured based on state-of-the-art technologies and modern defense achievements.

In recent years, Iran has made great achievements in the defense sector and gained self-sufficiency in essential military hardware and defense systems.

Azarakhsh (Lightning) is Iran’s first domestically-manufactured combat jet.

Saeqeh (Thunderbolt) fighter jet is a follow-up aircraft, derived from Azarakhsh. Iran unveiled its first squadron of Saeqeh fighter bombers in an air show in September 2010.

Tehran has repeatedly assured other nations, especially regional neighbors, that its military might poses no threat to other countries, stating that its defense doctrine is merely based on deterrence.

www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/02/02/286841/iran-unveils-new-indigenous-fighter-jet/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f313.18.preview.jpg (46.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg f313.7.preview.jpg (43.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg f313.6.preview.jpg (46.1 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg f313.14.preview.jpg (40.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg f313.13.preview.jpg (41.7 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg f313.15.preview.jpg (47.3 KB, 62 views)
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Syria Shoots Down Turkish Fighter Jet amirhessam Air Force & Aviation 104 July 15th, 2012 07:21 PM
IRIAF MiG-29 reza12 Air Force & Aviation 23 September 13th, 2005 02:09 AM
Iranian Shafagh near completion. reza12 Air Force & Aviation 2 July 29th, 2005 08:35 AM
Iranian Fighter Brit Air Force & Aviation 2 July 8th, 2005 09:09 PM
Iranian F-14 fighter crashes, two dead Snauman Air Force & Aviation 28 July 15th, 2004 09:55 PM

Old February 2nd, 2013   #2
Private
Threads:
Some more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f313.17.preview.jpg (52.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg f313.2.preview.jpg (44.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg f313.1.preview.jpg (47.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg f313.3.preview.jpg (47.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg f313.4.preview.jpg (42.9 KB, 29 views)
Old February 2nd, 2013   #3
Defense Professional / Analyst
Major
Threads:
Reminds me of a mock up of one of those future fighters from a teenager war movie, was.it Firefox?
Old February 2nd, 2013   #4
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
The physical size looks small. Something combat-trainer sized rather then a full sized fighter jet. Just like all their previous domestic combat aircraft. The gigantic canards are interesting looking.
Old February 2nd, 2013   #5
Defense Enthusiast
Captain
No Avatar
Threads:
Have a look at the pic of the pilot sitting in the cockpit for some indication of the size of this thing.. looks like a movie prop.

http://www.businessinsider.com/irans...nciotti-2013-2

An Analysis Of Iran's New Indigenous Stealth Fighter 'Qaher 313'

by David Cenciotti | Feb. 2, 2013, 4:48 AM | 173

.. Summing up: the shape is interesting with some innovative features but the Q-313 displayed on Feb. 1, 2013, seems to be nothing more than a large mock up model (not properly sized to accommodate a real pilot
Old February 2nd, 2013   #6
Just a bloke
Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
And here's America's even NEWER stealth aircraft...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-026S.jpg (34.9 KB, 112 views)
Old February 2nd, 2013   #7
General
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMk2 View Post
And here's America's even NEWER stealth aircraft...

Just waiting for the "news" footage of its first flight using outtakes from "Space:Above and Beyond". Sorry I shouldn't be so cynical but its a bit like a West Highland Terrier yapping at a Great Dane, the only reason its still alive is the Dane knows hell be in more trouble than it is worth to stop the yapping.
Old February 2nd, 2013   #8
Major General
Threads:
There is a bit of "footage" of the aircraft flying, very poor quality.

Iran stealth fighter jet Qaher 313 2013 مقاتلة "قاهر 313" المتطورة - YouTube
Hell, i'm gunna link a Guardian video. Is it normal that the pilot moving in the cockpit could cause the aircraft to visibly rock from side to side?!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...hter-jet-video
Old February 2nd, 2013   #9
General
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWilliams View Post

Iran stealth fighter jet Qaher 313 2013 مقاتلة "قاهر 313" المتطورة - YouTube

Hell, i'm gunna link a Guardian video. Is it normal that the pilot moving in the cockpit could cause the aircraft to visibly rock from side to side?!

Iran unveils new domestically built fighter jet - video | World news | guardian.co.uk
I can't breath, I honestly can't get my breath, my sides hurt, that video was almost in the same order as the Dave Allen skit where the worlds funniest joke was used as a weapon to make the enemy laugh themselves to death.

Seriously, Iran has a lot going for it but could have so much more if their leadership could learn to play nicely with others. This immature one ups man ship is hilarious except for the fact it is coming from a country that I do not doubt will have nuclear weapons in my life time.
Old February 2nd, 2013   #10
Just a bloke
Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWilliams View Post

Iran stealth fighter jet Qaher 313 2013 …‚ات„ة "‚ا‡ر 313" ا„…تطˆرة - YouTube

Iran unveils new domestically built fighter jet - video | World news | guardian.co.uk
Why is it that Iran can build low observable fighter jets but it can't get a decent quality handy-cam, let alone a professional video camera? I had a better quality phone in my Nokia N73 phone 8 years ago than Iran uses today to video these "scoops"...

How come that stealthy "fighter's" wings are anhedral but so ridiculously exaggerated? Does Iran not understand from all the UAV's it has captured, that vertical surfaces are a no-no in "stealth" designs and that if an aircraft could be made agile enough and have sufficient control authority for supersonic flight and maneuvering, they would be tailless designs?
Old February 2nd, 2013   #11
Colonel
Threads:
At least they have move on from F-5 clone or upgrading that 60's design. What the true capabilities of this aircraft, I believe is secondary for the regime. It's the perception of independent capability I believe they want to sell to their own public.
Old February 2nd, 2013   #12
Just a bloke
Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda View Post
At least they have move on from F-5 clone or upgrading that 60's design. What the true capabilities of this aircraft, I believe is secondary for the regime. It's the perception of independent capability I believe they want to sell to their own public.
The F-5 at least is a real aircraft that flies. This thing I think, is made out of wood. Have a close look at the "air intakes". They are rough, un-smooth finishes, as if they've been sawn by hand...

Have a look here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fathi20130202073844220.jpg (41.6 KB, 74 views)
Old February 2nd, 2013   #13
Colonel
Threads:
Well, like I said, the real consumers of this aircraft it's their own domestic public. The regime try very hard to keep the population to stay true on their ranks. Afterall Iranian public resentment to the regime need tobe channeled to something else. Perception of independent military capability I believe is one of them.

Still if the video is true, then the flight (again if this is true), show to the public especially domestic regime supporters that the regime still in control for any possible threat tothe survival.
Old February 2nd, 2013   #14
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
The plane is real. It is not a mock-up.
Old February 2nd, 2013   #15
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMk2 View Post
Does Iran not understand ... that if an aircraft could be made agile enough and have sufficient control authority for supersonic flight and maneuvering, they would be tailless designs?
Qaher-313 does not look to be a supersonic fighter jet. It is much like an F-117.
Q-313 maximum speed should be somewhere between 800 and 1000 km/h.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: