Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

Jf-17 thunder block-2 is under construction in real ????

This is a discussion on Jf-17 thunder block-2 is under construction in real ???? within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Gents, I would all take a deep breath when commenting about China's capacity to produce planes, ships, whatever. This is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.50 average.
Old July 10th, 2012   #91
Defense Professional / Analyst
Captain
Threads:
Chinese technology

Gents, I would all take a deep breath when commenting about China's capacity to produce planes, ships, whatever.
This is a nation that has put people into space and has got them back again.

I know nothing about fighter aircraft, apart from what I read here but I do recall a time in history when advanced nations such as the UK and US made the same disparaging comments about the abilities of Japanese aircraft and ships and they paid a heavy price for their complacency.

The pace of Chinese industrial and technological development is breathtaking and their political will to be recognized as a world political, industrial and military powerhouse should not be underestimated.

Continue to watch that space and expect the unexpected.
ASSAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012   #92
Banned Member
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade69 View Post
After reading about the JF-17, its not even that good of a plane..compared to other planes in its class.

Since they want to put it in the 4.5 gen class, compared to others it has weak avionics and old engines...

I can now see why Pakistan is the only nation that so far has purchased it
pakistan is not the only one to buy it but many air forces have bought it and many are intrested in buying it and jf 17 thunder block 2 and 3 will be better and it will be converted into stealth fighter
naseem shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012   #93
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Which are these many other air forces? I've seen many reports of air forces considering it, but not a single report of a contract being signed, or aircraft being delivered.

JF-17 being 'converted into stealth fighter' is pure fantasy. It'd need so many changes that it would end with a new airframe, which would make it a new aircraft.
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012   #94
Super Moderator
Major General
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naseem shah View Post
pakistan is not the only one to buy it but many air forces have bought it and many are intrested in buying it and jf 17 thunder block 2 and 3 will be better and it will be converted into stealth fighter
Sources, where are they?
Bonza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012   #95
Defense Professional / Analyst
Captain
Threads:
How many JF17,s have been produced and delivered to the PAF so far? Last I heard was 42 production models and 4 prototypes, a good achievment, however, a block 2 at this stage, shows that the aircraft has a long way to go before it matures, I'm sure that its a good replacment for old Mirage A5,s and F7,s.
old faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012   #96
Super Moderator
Lieutenant General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve View Post
Which are these many other air forces? I've seen many reports of air forces considering it, but not a single report of a contract being signed, or aircraft being delivered.

JF-17 being 'converted into stealth fighter' is pure fantasy. It'd need so many changes that it would end with a new airframe, which would make it a new aircraft.
Agreed.

Such venture would also not be feasible, especially for China, after the development of J-31 & J-20. I don't know which one is intended for exports (most likely J-31) but stealth JF-17 may only end up ruining the market for it.

Buying J-20/J-31 instead of pursuing a radically modified stealth JF-17 would be more cost friendly & time feasible for PAF also.
Old November 13th, 2012   #97
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRE View Post
Buying J-20/J-31 instead of pursuing a radically modified stealth JF-17 would be more cost friendly & time feasible for PAF also.
Agreed.
swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012   #98
Super Moderator
Major General
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naseem shah View Post

Sources within 24 hours or I'm kicking you off the site, I'm sick of these BS wish-list drive by posts.
Old November 15th, 2012   #99
Super Moderator
Major General
No Avatar
Threads:
Okay then...
Old December 30th, 2012
Mike1234
This message has been deleted by gf0012-aust. Reason: copying and pasting without citation
Old January 17th, 2013   #100
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Kamra Airbase

The Chinese JF-17 turned out to be even worse than its space rocket. In November 2011 a JF-17 crashed near Kamra killing the Squadron Leader Muhhamad Hussain because of wing collapse. Now our JF-17 pilots are not allowed to gain more than 0,8 M, fly below 1,5 km and practice aerobatics. JF-17 pilots are the bravest in the world as they fly on jets falling apart.

note hilighted.... lets just stay on subject and leave the nationalism parked. there's no need for it and all it does is have everyone else drop in their own contribution about how good their own countries pilots are - ultimately a worthless exercise

Last edited by gf0012-aust; January 17th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Pilot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: