Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

Nellis_14_T-birds_1543-1.JPG

Nellis_14_T-birds_1441-1.JPG

Nellis_14_T-birds_1491-1.JPG

Nellis_14_GR4_0963-1.JPG
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

J-10 wins in dogfight against su-27

This is a discussion on J-10 wins in dogfight against su-27 within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; The PLAAF is developing the Jian-10 fighter-bomber (J-10). The plane is reportedly a hybrid of the U.S. F-16 A/B with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old March 1st, 2004   #1
Lieutenant Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
J-10 wins in dogfight against su-27

The PLAAF is developing the Jian-10 fighter-bomber (J-10). The plane is reportedly a hybrid of the U.S. F-16 A/B with some Chinese and Israeli Lavi elements. China received a single prototype F-16 from Pakistan and has been working with Israeli Aircraft Industries to develop the plane. The PLAAF is set to deploy the fighters in coastal areas, believing "With ‘J-10’ fighters deployed, it will be able to upgrade its offensive capabilities by a large margin" (Hong Kong Sing Tao Jih Pao 29 May).

The PLAAF expects to have 50 J-10s by 2005. The J-10, displayed at an air show in May, has received rave reviews from the pilots flying them. Wing Commander Wang Yunhui, a special-grade Su-27 pilot, praised J-10 aircraft and admitted, "During three rounds of "dog fight" in the mid-air, his Su-27 had lost to a J-10 fighter" (Hong Kong Sing Tao Jih Pao 29 May).

The Su-27’s have had their share of problems, and China’s competitors have noticed. One article out of Taiwan trumpeted, "Four Su-27 fighter planes of the Chinese air force have crashed or have been severely damaged during flight training over the past six months, Taiwanese defense sources said… attributing the poor performance to human error" (Hsu Taipei Times 21 Jun). Again, the training of PLAAF forces remains questionable. Many air forces incorporate the use of flight simulators into pilot training and skills maintenance; however, China only has one adequate Su-27 trainer, forcing many pilots to wait months at a time to gain access. One article reports, "The accidents bring to 15 the number of Chinese air force Su-27s that have been taken out of service due to crashes" (Hsu 21 Jun). The Taiwan press compares the specific training regimens of the two services, "By contrast, a fighter pilot in Taiwan has much more intensive flight training. Trainees are required to fly 15 hours a month, and sometimes fly as much as 20 hours" (Hsu 21 Jun).

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...cc/obrien.html
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boeing wins tanker contract Sea Toby Air Force & Aviation 4 March 22nd, 2011 04:39 PM
'Lord Of The Rings' Wins Best-Picture, 10 Other Oscars virtual Intros & Off Topic 6 March 29th, 2005 10:08 AM
Composite Technology Research Malaysia Sdn Bhd (CTRM) wins engine jobs part wzhtg Air Force & Aviation 0 February 15th, 2005 06:30 AM
BVR Systems Wins $6M Contracts for NATO Member AirForce Oqaab Air Force & Aviation 5 September 13th, 2004 05:44 AM
L-3 wins multibillion dollar Naval Sea Systems deal ullu Navy & Maritime 0 June 17th, 2004 12:12 AM

Old March 1st, 2004   #2
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
Re: J-10 wins in dogfight against su-27

The article posted is of 2003 almost a year old.

I feel the statement is meant as a propaganda to show Chinese technology is better than Russian and basically meant for export orientation like countries Pakistan and others.

If the article was submitted by a third country other then China elaborating J-10 achievements then it would be acceptable.
Roger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004   #3
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:

What on earth can I say
Guess then the Chineses shud not manufacture the 250 plus Su-27
darklegent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004   #4
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegent
What on earth can I say

I agree. why not build additional 250 J-10s if they are so much better.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004   #5
Forum Bouncer
Colonel
Threads:
This could be worrying for India since it operates a variant of the SU-27 family.
Red aRRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004   #6
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegent
What on earth can I say

I agree. why not build additional 250 J-10s if they are so much better.
The article issued on J-10 by the Chinese are totally BS, if JDW (Janes Defence Weekly) or any other credible military media state the same, then the news is worth its weight.

For the time, I can discount the article by 100%, as China has been duplicating Russian technology for the past 40% and suddenly over night the Chinese are superior in technology by surpassing Su-27 through Kung Fu or something else., sounds like crazy!!!!!
Old March 1st, 2004   #7
Lieutenant Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
its from an independant source. the source doesnt have anything to do with china or its military.

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a.../apjstaff.html

even if it was from JDW indians would stil deny it and down play it since it doesn't praise the indian airforce. typical attitude.
Old March 1st, 2004   #8
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:

It is understandable the Chinese Wing Commondar Wang Yumhui a special grade Su-27 pilot will praise J-10, as he is told to do so. You know well in China individual thinking is controlled by the State (China) or the Communist Party.

Secondly, in this era 2004, there is no such thing as aerial dogfight by figher planes, as missiles are projected and locked at their target from a distance of more than 50 miles away.
Old March 1st, 2004   #9
Lieutenant Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Would you say same if this report was about LCA/india etc???
Old March 1st, 2004   #10
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Would you say same if this report was about LCA/india etc???
Can you please elaborate on the above aspect, prior I give you my response.
Old March 1st, 2004   #11
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:

yup for u its only bharatrashkak.com,n hindustatimes credible? isn,t it
jupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004   #12
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitor
yup for u its only bharatrashkak.com,n hindustatimes credible? isn,t it
I am a Canadian and your remarks to me sounds more strange Russian. .............Dah
Old March 1st, 2004   #13
Defense Aficionado
General
Threads:

Oh man! Roger, everyone here knows you have an Indian origin, so by definition you're an INDIAN. I just dont know why you are so ashamed to accept it!
Old March 1st, 2004   #14
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious
Oh man! Roger, everyone here knows you have an Indian origin, so by definition you're an INDIAN. I just dont know why you are so ashamed to accept it!
Mys.......The subject is J-10 & Su-27 and not me.

I have mentioned in my earlier posting I am a Canadian though have Indian and Pakistani connection, but now I am a PURE CANADIAN and my MAPLE LEAF...................dah!!!!!!!!
Old March 1st, 2004   #15
Defense Aficionado
General
Threads:

LOL. I dont wana go in to this discussion.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: