This is my guess

150-Su30mki
200-Tejas
200-Mirage2000-5
100-Mig29 SMT
25-MCA
50-Pak-FA

what do you guys think???
I did not include the traniers and transport aircraft because I know very little about them but You welcome to include them especially the Desi AJT

corsair7772

Verified Defense Pro
I think 200 is a bit much for 2015. After all the JF-17 already in production suppose to be 110 in number by 2015. So if the LCA enters production in 2007 it should be say 90~120?

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
I seriously doubt India will induct 200 Tejas in the future. If you pay close attention to it you'll find out the plane was suppose to be ready for service in 1994, now 10 years later they're still being haunted by series of problems. I think India is more interesting in obtaining the PAK-FA than putting any sort of large investment into the LCA project.

audenm

I to doubt the 200 tejas.
Hey what about the gripen jets , i guess there r moves to aquire those too by the IAF. :?

P.A.F

my version of IAF in 2015

Su-30 150
LCA 50
Mirage 2000-5 125
Mirage 2000-H 50
Mig-29 100
a few left over MiG 21, 25, others and jaguars

i can't see any MCA's coming in at that time as production of the LCA would have been quiet recent ;)

omegasigma

I agree with PAF, I do not see any MCA or the PAK-FA inducted into the IAF by 2015.

An LCA takes 7 months to build at HAL. HAL has currently one assembly line. HAL is planning 16 assembly lines by 2007. If they start full-scale production by 2007, I do not see them reaching the 200 number.

santpaul

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PAK-FA could be avaliable to IAF if the production is done in Russia and MCA could also be avaliable in limited numbers to IAF if the production goes smooth in HAL factories

sorry I forgot to include LCA my guess is that IAF would have about 100 LCA's because they very hard to upgrade Unlike Mig-21s were

omegasigma

sorry I forgot to include LCA my guess is that IAF would have about 100 LCA's because they very hard to upgrade Unlike Mig-21s were
The LCA's when inducted will be the easiest to upgrade. They are built on Open Systems Architecture with the Standard MIL bus interconnects. All the units are LRU's (Line Replaceable Units.)

adsH

LCA is a smaller platform too so thats probably why it would be harder to upgrade it, But if you look at tech trends tech gets smaller and smaller day by day. But i still think Military Aviation tech relies on proven tech and size is a static issue.

omegasigma

The LRUs carry all the instrumentation technologies, sensor networks, computers, backup systems, gauges, etc. These can be easily replaced, since they are LRUs. The cockpit and instrumentation is designed to be very modular and thus are highly upgradable. The radar is integrated using open systems and can be easily upgraded. The only issue is that the LCA is small and will carry less fuel and have less hardpoints, and this cannot be upgraded.

omegasigma

armage said:
How small is the LCA?
Compared to the Mirage 2000 and MiG-21...
I do not know the ratio, but the LCA is the smallest and the lightest fighter aircraft in the world. 40% of the construction is all composite, saving 2000 rivet points.

srirangan

Banned Member
I don't think any of us is capable of predicting the exact composition. But look at it this way, India is bound to have lots of money, and defence spending, even if it doesn't increase in percentage, will increase in pure numbers and the rate of this increase will be higher than the inflationary forces.

Bottom line, India would have all the money to have a a type of air force she desires. Rest upto the military doctrine of this country.