Help... how to become a pilot?

Sharna..

I really wanna be in the air force.. to be a pilot is my dream.. :) i am currently in yr 11 at school and want to do all i can to make becoming a pilot quicker and easier..
I would love to get any advice or info that can help me please...
thanks
Sharna...

Lostfleet

I don't know which country you are in, but if you are that eager to enter any Air Force Academy, you have to have perfect grades at school and top physcial shape, so start exercising and do your homeworks :)

sky4flight

I'm new here, so hello everybody.

I'm not sure this is good topic to ask this question, but i could not find better. Can anyone tell me, how to become an Osprey MV-22 pilot in USA? Only way is through the Air Force Academy, or there is some other option?
Thanks for help...

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I'm new here, so hello everybody.

I'm not sure this is good topic to ask this question, but i could not find better. Can anyone tell me, how to become an Osprey MV-22 pilot in USA? Only way is through the Air Force Academy, or there is some other option?
Thanks for help...
You can get your Air Force commission through any college that has an Air Force ROTC program. You do NOT need to be an academy grad to be selected for flight training. The first thing you need to figure out is whether or not you can pass a flight physical, it is probably the first and biggest obstacle to selection for flight training. Military flight physicals are quite different from civilian flight physicals and are typically the first hurdle people can't get past, assuming you have made it through college and associated military training.

sky4flight

Yeah, I heard about the Air Force ROTC program. If i will pass a flight physical, ROTC's will be my alternative way.The Air Force Academy is the priority for me. But also i know, that I have a small chance to be accepted for the Air Force Academy.
Beside that, thanks for help.

Whitehead

If you want any information regarding the Air Force Rotc program you can message me. I am currently in my second year within the program myself. Going for pilot as well.