Guess who has the most Kills in Iraq?

mickk

F16, Apache? Nope, a guy in Nevada who is a Predator pilot. These guys are unreal. On the Battlefield one minute, 19 more and they are at home playing with their kids.

One guy wanted to be a Mechanic, failed the english test. Hey wanna try to be a UAV pilot? Turns out he is the best they have found. All those years of computer games. Hes now an Instructor!

Thats a first for modern warfare. The 9-5 warrior.

fixeroh

F16, Apache? Nope, a guy in Nevada who is a Predator pilot. These guys are unreal. On the Battlefield one minute, 19 more and they are at home playing with their kids.

One guy wanted to be a Mechanic, failed the english test. Hey wanna try to be a UAV pilot? Turns out he is the best they have found. All those years of computer games. Hes now an Instructor!

Thats a first for modern warfare. The 9-5 warrior.
You make a valid point about the 9 to 5 warrior but there are some issues. First, as I understand it, all USAF Predator pilots are commissioned officers and current pilots on other airframes. I believe the Army and Navy works their programs differently however. Normally USAF NCOs are the Predator sensor operators. I've also read that the Predator crews are having some difficulty with detachment. Meaning that it can be difficult to fire on human targets and not be in the vicinity to feel the emotional impact of taking life. Obviously seasoned video gamers/flight simmers would make great operators mechanically speaking but I'm sure there is considerably more to operating a Predator than just steering it and firing Hellfires.