Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

General Aviation Thread

This is a discussion on General Aviation Thread within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old April 17th, 2017   #31
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf0012-aust View Post
I just don't know what to say....

New Photos And Video of Iran’s Homemade F-313 “Qaher” Stealth Jet Have Just Emerged. And Here’s A First Analysis

https://theaviationist.com/2017/04/1...irst-analysis/

there is so much wrong with this .....
The wings look a bit like the ones on the Russian fighter Clint Eastwood stole in Firefox Down. Maybe this is where the Chinese got their inspiration.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017   #32
Banned Member
Private
No Avatar
Threads:

Last edited by Atasas; April 19th, 2017 at 07:42 AM.
Atasas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017   #33
Private
Threads:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to reach out to the pilots in these forums and ask about flatspin recovery procedures, as I recently had a discussion involving this and there was conflicting information coming from different people, and wanted to get a third input. I personally have no real-world flight experience save for flight simulators, for what that is worth.

First of all, I am referring specifically to flat spins. Frisbees. Not generic spins.

Now before I entered into the discussion I mentioned above, I thought that general procedure would be to set throttle to idle, not to touch the ailerons, to set rudders to full opposite of the spin and keep them there, then push down on the stick to try and pitch your nose down. The idea would be to counteract your spin and eventually get your aircraft into a dive, from which you could recover from the stall. This is in line with PARE developed by NASA.

One of my interlocutors, however, told me that PARE was for generic spins. He asserted that in a flat spin, you'd want to apply full power in order to increase airspeed. Elevator down to decrease AoA and further increase airspeed with gravity's help. Then you'd want to apply rudder into the spin to further enable increasing airspeed (opposite rudder would increase drag). This made sense to me, but went contrary to my previous knowledge. The only thing we agreed on was that we'd need to burn a lot of altitude either way.

Any input from you guys?
Blue Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2017   #34
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Some of the earlier training in Beechcraft Barons resulted in flat spins which were not recoverable. I have not, nor will I engage in any flat spin training in a Baron, since I don't think they are recoverable.

I don't know of any civilian schools which teach flat spin recovery, as most of them are not recoverable.

Art
2007yellow430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2017   #35
Defense Aficionado
Major General
Threads:
Interesting piece on a new supersonic civilian demonstration jet. The article does not mention any new anti-sonic boom development. One has to wonder if flying at twice the speed of sound can justify the higher cost. Will it be higher or lower than Concorde? The project seems well funded and apparently there are people willing to buy 76 of them.

http://www.intelligent-aerospace.com...omponents.html
John Fedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #36
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fedup View Post
Interesting piece on a new supersonic civilian demonstration jet. The article does not mention any new anti-sonic boom development. One has to wonder if flying at twice the speed of sound can justify the higher cost. Will it be higher or lower than Concorde? The project seems well funded and apparently there are people willing to buy 76 of them.

http://www.intelligent-aerospace.com...omponents.html
It's going to hold 55 passengers. Expect costs 2, 3, 4, maybe even 5 times Concorde's costs, probably more than a private jet. This won't work. People who can afford that cost will get their own fast jet. Several on the drawing boards with deposits.

Art
2007yellow430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #37
General
Threads:
A new 3D printing system offers great capability and significantly reduced costs. This system is a horizontal print system rather than the current vertical print systems, meaning that theoretically there is no restriction upon the length of printed items.

3D Printing Could Provide Mass-Production Flexibility For MROs, OEMs

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: