Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Flanker Export Thread

This is a discussion on Flanker Export Thread within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Originally Posted by Haavarla Let us not turn this thread into a Flanker vs rest of the world. My intension ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old June 30th, 2010   #16
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haavarla View Post
Let us not turn this thread into a Flanker vs rest of the world.
My intension with this thread was to get a status of which reecent Flanker deals have been signed for export.
Which country, how many units etc etc.

So far we got Vietnam with 12 Su-30?
And Algeria with additional 16 Su-30MKA.

India has yet to sign any new Su-30MKI deal, which could up to 46-50MKIs.

Have all of the Su-30 deal for Vennezuela been delivered?

Thanks
I read that Malaysia received 18 su-30MKMs in 2008
T.C.P da Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010   #17
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.P da Devil View Post
I read that Malaysia received 18 su-30MKMs in 2008
From 2007 to 2009 to be correct
But I think Haavarla is more interested in the more recent deals, not those inked many years ago.
Scorpion82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010   #18
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
The Su-30MKM is participating in the next Malaysian tender. So they may get more.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010   #19
Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Re:

The indonesians got a few recently.

The Ugandans ordered a few recently as well...

The order biggies are still with china (speculation about carrier-based ones), india (expanded order recently) and the russkis.
weasel1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010   #20
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
The Ugandan order got scrapped, instead they're overhauling their Mig-21s.
Old July 2nd, 2010   #21
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
Thanks for the update.
i think this is the status of Indonesia AF Flanker deal:

Quote:
"At present they have 1 uncompleted sq with 5 SU 30 and 5 SU 27 (3 will be delivered this year if on schedulled). Sources in here says that another 6 will be the target for next batch, thus will complate 1 full sq of 16 flankers (with 8 SU 30 and 8 SU 27)."

B.t.w. who's in the Malaysian AF tender?

Thanks
Haavarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010   #22
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
There is no tender as far as I know. They're straight up purchases
Old July 3rd, 2010   #23
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
There is no tender as far as I know. They're straight up purchases
Do you have any Idea what air craft Malaysia might be getting?Seeing as they are facing problems wuith their SU-30MKMs they might not get more of them.
Old July 3rd, 2010   #24
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.P da Devil View Post
Do you have any Idea what air craft Malaysia might be getting?Seeing as they are facing problems wuith their SU-30MKMs they might not get more of them.
Oh. My mistake. I have no idea how I read Malaysia as Indonesia.

I don't know who else. I imagine Boeing is a likely candidate. Probably the usual LM, Rafale, Saab...
Old July 20th, 2010   #25
Banned Member
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Anyone want to take some guesses as to future Su-35S customers?
Clampipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010   #26
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:
I have mentioned in other threads about Bangladesh's intention to procure 3 squadrons of new fighters(i.e 48 new aircraft). It was quite apparent from talking to my friends and relatives at the Air Force that the B.A.F prefers the su-27sk above all other aircraft, there is also a lot of interest in the Su-35. even some high Ranking officers in the army told me that Flankers are being highly favored by the people in the Defense Procurement agency.

Non of this official of course and there are no ways of confirming it, but if our current Prime minister's(who also happens to be the Defense minister) admiration of Russian air craft is taken into the equation, we could be getting either new Fulcrums(Mig-29M/SMT) or Flankers.
Old July 20th, 2010   #27
Colonel
Threads:
From Defense News:

Quote:
Russia Announces Military Aircraft Sale To Vietnam, Algeria

MOSCOW - Russia said July 20 it had signed agreements to sell 20 Sukhoi fighter planes to Vietnam and 16 to Algeria, news agencies reported. The head of Russia's military technology cooperation service, Alexander Fomine, announced the sales at the Farnborough International Airshow currently underway near London.

The date on which the deal with Vietnam for the SU-30MK2 aircraft was signed was not disclosed.

Fomine said Russia had signed an agreement this year with Algeria, with deliveries of the SU-30MKA aircraft to take place in 2011 and 2012

It's a new deal ? or application/implimentation from previous order. Seems to me the Algerian was from previous order, however it's sign in Farnborough which usually indicated new deal.

Last edited by Ananda; July 21st, 2010 at 12:57 AM.
Ananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010   #28
Lieutenant Colonel
Threads:
Sukhoi to make about 500 warplanes in five years

The Sukhoi Company intends to supply about 500 planes to the Russian Defense Ministry and foreign clients in the next five years, Sukhoi General Director Mikhail Pogosyan said in reply to question from Interfax-AVN in Moscow on Thursday.

“More than 100 warplanes will be produced for the Defense Ministry before 2015. We will sign a few more contracts with the Defense Ministry in the near future I hope, tentatively for over 150 planes,” he said.

More than 300 warplanes will be exported. “Concerning the export portfolio, provided the Sukhoi contracts are combined with those of Irkut, which makes planes for India, the order portfolio will include some 300 planes,” Pogosyan said.

As for the fifth-generation jet, Pogosyan said that phase one of the jet’s trials will end in 2012. “We hope to get test results and to start serial production by that time,” he said.

Sukhoi and MiG plan the annual production of up to 100 jets for the Defense Ministry, Pogosyan said.

Source: Interfax-AVN
DATELINE: MOSCOW. Sept 23
Haavarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010   #29
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Well currently we're looking at net 80 new jets, Su-35S and Su-34. The Su-27SM and Su-30M2 have already been produced, with (it looks like) the SM already handed over, and M2 in testing right now. So it would only take a small additional contract, for Su-34 or Su-25UBM to reach 100 aircraft. The real figure by 2015 will probably be larger, provided NAPO gets their shit together and finally puts out the Su-34 in quantities. This whole 1-2 airframes per year thing is really not going to work.
Old October 17th, 2010   #30
Super Moderator
Lieutenant Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
Well currently we're looking at net 80 new jets, Su-35S and Su-34. The Su-27SM and Su-30M2 have already been produced, with (it looks like) the SM already handed over, and M2 in testing right now. So it would only take a small additional contract, for Su-34 or Su-25UBM to reach 100 aircraft. The real figure by 2015 will probably be larger, provided NAPO gets their shit together and finally puts out the Su-34 in quantities. This whole 1-2 airframes per year thing is really not going to work.
are the Su-30M2 that RuAF getting basically the same as the ones they sold to China, Vietnam and Venezuela? Now, I know they should be getting the non-export versions, but are they basically the same configurations?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: