Go Back   Defense Technology & Military Forum > Global Defense & Military > Air Force & Aviation
Forgot Password? Join Us! Its's free!

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures

ExPB14_JAS-39_Gripen.jpg

ExPB14_Mirage2000.jpg

6_EXPB14_20140729_088_3_RSAF_F16s.jpg

5_EXPB14_20140729_143_3_RSAF_F-15SGs.jpg
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Recent Photos - DefenceTalk Military Gallery

First Sukhoi Su-35 Aircraft for Venezuela

This is a discussion on First Sukhoi Su-35 Aircraft for Venezuela within the Air Force & Aviation forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; I found this info from this website Venezuela intends to import the bulk of weapons from Russia – ambassador 19 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old January 1st, 2008   #1
Defense Professional / Analyst
Captain
No Avatar
Threads:
First Sukhoi Su-35 Aircraft for Venezuela

I found this info from this website

Venezuela intends to import the bulk of weapons from Russia – ambassador

19 May. Venezuelan Ambassador to Russia Alexis Navarro Rojas in an interview with Interfax expressed the intentions of his country to negotiate Russian arms deliveries to Venezuela.

"Venezuela needs to renew its arms systems. Several years ago we decided that we won't buy weapons from the United States and that the bulk of new orders will be placed with Russia. Our military experts have studied the parameters of the arms that Russia is offering and concluded that they are the best in the world," the ambassador said.

Rojas said there are several reasons why Venezuela is switching from importing U.S.-made weapons to Russian-made products, including the "aggressive foreign policy of Washington" and "irresponsibility in the fulfillment of contracts."

"The weapons we are getting from Russia come with guarantees of further maintenance services and personnel training," he said.

The Venezuelan government is preparing for talks on the delivery of Su-35 fighters from Russia, Rojas said.

"Our pilots have flown on Su-27 and Su-30 fighters already. They have simply fallen in love with the aircraft. They have also tried piloting Su-35. Now we are waiting for talks to begin," he said.

Russia has already delivered Mi-17 helicopters, which Venezuela is using for transportation and also for border patrols to prevent drug trafficking. The delivery of Mi-26 and Mi-35 helicopters is also expected, Rojas said.

Read More

http://www.interfax-news.com/17/157962/interview.aspx

note there a passage that said venezuela are preparing for a talk about SU-35 delivery. can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by WebMaster; January 1st, 2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Please provide excerpts.
Awang se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008   #2
Super Moderator
Lieutenant Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awang se View Post
I found this info from this website

Venezuela intends to import the bulk of weapons from Russia – ambassador

19 May. Venezuelan Ambassador to Russia Alexis Navarro Rojas in an interview with Interfax expressed the intentions of his country to negotiate Russian arms deliveries to Venezuela.

"Venezuela needs to renew its arms systems. Several years ago we decided that we won't buy weapons from the United States and that the bulk of new orders will be placed with Russia. Our military experts have studied the parameters of the arms that Russia is offering and concluded that they are the best in the world," the ambassador said.

Rojas said there are several reasons why Venezuela is switching from importing U.S.-made weapons to Russian-made products, including the "aggressive foreign policy of Washington" and "irresponsibility in the fulfillment of contracts."

"The weapons we are getting from Russia come with guarantees of further maintenance services and personnel training," he said.

The Venezuelan government is preparing for talks on the delivery of Su-35 fighters from Russia, Rojas said.

"Our pilots have flown on Su-27 and Su-30 fighters already. They have simply fallen in love with the aircraft. They have also tried piloting Su-35. Now we are waiting for talks to begin," he said.

Russia has already delivered Mi-17 helicopters, which Venezuela is using for transportation and also for border patrols to prevent drug trafficking. The delivery of Mi-26 and Mi-35 helicopters is also expected, Rojas said.

Read More

http://www.interfax-news.com/17/157962/interview.aspx

note there a passage that said venezuela are preparing for a talk about SU-35 delivery. can anyone confirm this?
they got some mk2s from the Russians at an extraordinarily high price. Also, su-35 hasn't even flown yet, so it's kind of hard to see su-35 getting delivered to Venezuela in the near future.
Old January 2nd, 2008   #3
Brigadier General
No Avatar
Threads:
Very possible variant. Of course, deliveres will not happen next month - but the order might well be. Actual Su-35 could be delivered in next 2-3 years.
Chrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008   #4
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphuang View Post
they got some mk2s from the Russians at an extraordinarily high price. Also, su-35 hasn't even flown yet, so it's kind of hard to see su-35 getting delivered to Venezuela in the near future.
I bet you it was a better deal than the $100 Million per F-16C/D that Morocco just payed.
eaf-f16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008   #5
Entertainer
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf-f16 View Post
I bet you it was a better deal than the $100 Million per F-16C/D that Morocco just payed.
I bet you that wasn't the UPC for a F-16.
Old January 3rd, 2008   #6
Super Moderator
Lieutenant General
Threads:
Quote:
$100 Million per F-16, are you sure? Morocco should have waited few more years & go for F-35 instead. PAF got F-16C/D per unit at $46 Million.
Old January 3rd, 2008   #7
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRE View Post
$100 Million per F-16, are you sure? Morocco should have waited few more years & go for F-35 instead. PAF got F-16C/D per unit at $46 Million.
Well, training, spares and associated equipment and services included. But, yeah, 24 planes for $2.4 Billion.

But, I think Egypt's been "paying" (not really, we get it for free) the same price for as long as it had an F-16 fleet, though.
Old January 3rd, 2008   #8
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Danois View Post
I bet you that wasn't the UPC for a F-16.
What does UPC mean?
Old January 3rd, 2008   #9
Entertainer
General
Threads:
Quote:
What does UPC mean?
Unit Procurement Cost. The 2.4 billion USD was for 24 jets plus a lot of packaged stuff.

The 46 mn USD Sabre mentioned sounds like a probable UPC.
Old January 3rd, 2008   #10
Colonel
Threads:
Quote:
Also, su-35 hasn't even flown yet, so it's kind of hard to see su-35 getting delivered to Venezuela in the near future.
What do you mean, the SU-35 has flown before I talked about this on another topic before, There are 5 in service with the Russian Air Force( for testing I think and maybe the Russian Knights) and I've seen videos of SU-35s performing at air shows before. A total of 15 were built it first flew in 1988, 5 are used by the VVS well the other 10 are used by Sukhoi for demonstration for export customers. I have seen the Su-35 perform astonishing maneuverer's and I don't see why the VVS just replaces the Su-27 with the SU-35 and build the PAK-FA. A fighter force of SU-35s, T-50 and SU-34 would make Russia at or at least close to the rank of the U.S. Air force, reminds me of the Cold War.

Last edited by F-15 Eagle; January 3rd, 2008 at 03:39 PM.
F-15 Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008   #11
Colonel
Threads:
I found a source saying there are 5 SU-35s in service with the Russian Air Force(VVS). It is in the 237th regiment based at Kubinka Air Base.

http://www.aviapedia.com/fighters/su...e-last-flanker
Old January 5th, 2008   #12
Super Moderator
Lieutenant Colonel
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-15 Eagle View Post
I found a source saying there are 5 SU-35s in service with the Russian Air Force(VVS). It is in the 237th regiment based at Kubinka Air Base.

http://www.aviapedia.com/fighters/su...e-last-flanker
These internet sources are not reliable. Please just pay attention to us. go to royfc's russian translation site and you can follow the status of su-35. You would see that the first flight has been delayed until beginning of 2008.
Old January 5th, 2008   #13
Colonel
Threads:
Quote:
These internet sources are not reliable. Please just pay attention to us. go to royfc's russian translation site and you can follow the status of su-35. You would see that the first flight has been delayed until beginning of 2008.
Thats for the SU-35BM a 4++ generation jet which is considered a interim jet between the 4th Generation SU-27 and the 5th generation PAK-FA. Don't get confused between the SU-35 and SU-35BM it even says that on the website. Your are right, the SU-35BM was supposed to fly in 2007 but was delayed until sometime in 2008, but the original Su-35 first flew in 1988. Again don't get the two confused, the SU-35 and the SU-35BM are two different jets, 5 of the original SU-35s are in service well the SU-35BM will undergo trials sometime this year. The SU-35BM first maid its appearance at the 2007 MAKS air show.
Old January 5th, 2008   #14
Colonel
Threads:
This is the first paragraph of the site I just gave.

"Su-35BM will be the last developed Flanker. An final upgrade, final variant. Actually, the designation is quite confusing, since Su-35 already exists in Russian Air Force. Su-35 was the export designation for upgraded Su-27, called Su-27M, internal Sukhoi designation T-10M. Su-27M gave baseline Flanker new avionics, as well as precision air-to-ground capability. Only five of these are in service with VVS (Russian Air Force), with 237th regiment based at Kubinka Air Base. VVS chose another path instead; to incorporate technologies tested in Su-35/T-10M, together with those of Su-30MK, into an standard upgrade project for the baseline Flanker, the Su-27SM. The Su-35 designation was also used for Su-37, dubbed as “Terminator”. Aircraft was a testbed for 2D thrust-vectoring engines, mounted on Su-35/T-10M."

Here is another site saying the ORIGINAL SU-35 fist flew in 1988.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ssia/su-35.htm
Old January 6th, 2008   #15
Brigadier General
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-15 Eagle View Post
This is the first paragraph of the site I just gave.

"Su-35BM will be the last developed Flanker. An final upgrade, final variant. Actually, the designation is quite confusing, since Su-35 already exists in Russian Air Force. Su-35 was the export designation for upgraded Su-27, called Su-27M, internal Sukhoi designation T-10M. Su-27M gave baseline Flanker new avionics, as well as precision air-to-ground capability. Only five of these are in service with VVS (Russian Air Force), with 237th regiment based at Kubinka Air Base. VVS chose another path instead; to incorporate technologies tested in Su-35/T-10M, together with those of Su-30MK, into an standard upgrade project for the baseline Flanker, the Su-27SM. The Su-35 designation was also used for Su-37, dubbed as “Terminator”. Aircraft was a testbed for 2D thrust-vectoring engines, mounted on Su-35/T-10M."

Here is another site saying the ORIGINAL SU-35 fist flew in 1988.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ssia/su-35.htm
Yes, read what this article tells - Su-35 is NOT SU-35BM. 5 Su-35 are in "service" within RuAF. NO single Su-35BM is in service.
Chrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: