Ejection History

mikebennett

Dear Forum Members

I hope this letter is appropriate for this Forum

I have spent over 25 years researching the history, development and use of assisted aircrew escape systems. Part of the project involves compiling a comprehensive listing of as many ejections in the world as possible. To date I have reference to approximately 8,000 ejections since 1942 with nearly 30 confirmed Luftwaffe ejections and another 30 possibles.

I am trying, where possible to personally contact ejectees or witnesses to the ejections, so that I can obtain their memories of the period prior to, during and post the ejection and a photograph of the ejectee about the period of their ejection.

I also keep an up to date ejection chronicle on recent ejections on my website.

I would be very grateful if any of your members who have ejected, or are colleagues or relatives of ejectees could contact me either on the forum - or to prevent clogging up the Forum threads off line at my email below.

I want to make clear, that I am not connected with any military, technical, government, nor aeromedical establishment, but a civilian with a passion for aviation history and preserving the memory of all those involved in assisted aircrew escape systems.

Sincere thanks for reading this request

With respect

Mike Bennett
[email protected]

Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

Big-E

Banned Member
I don't know how other pilots feel about this but my ejection was a very personal and profound experience. Losing an aircraft is not something pilots are proud of and want to be made an exhibition over. It is one day in my career I would as soon forget rather than reliving that experience.:cry

mikebennett

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dear Big-E,

Thank you for your reply to my post on the forum.

My website is not intended to sensationalise nor trivialise the the experiences of pilots and aircrew who have had to eject. It is to accurately chronicle the history and development of assisted aircrew escape systems and their use.

I am sure you are well aware that there are many listings and publications concerning aviation accidents and fatalities. Not all are accurate and not all seek permission to use the information, few give the ejectee or their relatives the opportunity to have direct input to amend the details. The human element is omitted from statistical lists and I believe that the input from "those who were there" is important to add balance to ejection history.

I have always attempted to give an accurate and sensitive account of those. The personal memories that are posted are only done so where I have the permission of the ejectee, their family or relatives. In ejections where direct contact with those involved cannot be achieved I have used what I consider the most accurate information available.

I understand your comments about your ejection being a personal experience and one you do not wish to relive.

I have always respected the wishes of the people I have corresponded with over the years. The majority of ejectees I have corresponded with have shared their experiences, where they have declined I have followed their wishes for privacy.

Regards

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

aaaditya

Big-E said:
I don't know how other pilots feel about this but my ejection was a very personal and profound experience. Losing an aircraft is not something pilots are proud of and want to be made an exhibition over. It is one day in my career I would as soon forget rather than reliving that experience.:cry

by the way what aircraft were you flying and under what circumstances did you have to eject? care to share details with us.

during the indin kargil war there were two ejections,one of fl lt nachiketa who was captured and then released by the enemy and another pilot who was tortured and killed.