Can anyone help ID these rocket pods?

STURM

Can anyone help ID these rocket pods? The one on the inboard pylon on the starboard side could be a LAU-61/LAU-68 with Hydras. Not sure about the pod on the outboard pylon and the pod or missile on the outboard pylon on the port side. Looks like a Maverick but I know for certain that this air arm never operated Mavericks from its F-5Es.

Last edited:

Novascotiaboy

Can anyone help ID these rocket pods? The one on the inboard pylon on the starboard side could be a LAU-61/LAU-68 with Hydras. Not sure about the pod on the outboard pylon and the pod or missile on the outboard pylon on the port side. Looks like a Maverick but I'm know for certain that this air arm never operated Mavericks from its F-5Es.
I think it's a CRV7.

SASWanabe

LAU - 68 is the seven shot hydra pod.
LAU - 61 is the Nineteen shot hydra pod. (could be LAU - 5003 with CRV-7s)

Outboard Port sure looks like a Maverick to me. the Indonesians do have Maverick in their inventory don't they?

STURM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Indonesians have Maverick but to the best of my knowledge only their F-16s and Hawks are armed with it. Doubt if their F-5s had them. The pic is of a Malaysian F-5E. Strange that it has a Maverick on it as only the F-18s have them. The object on the inboard port looks like a CBU.

Pendekar

Yeah, inboard Port looks like a CBU. The Mav was probably just put on for the Photo op.
Nope. The F-5E Tiger II is originally capable of firing maverick, at least the older version. I guess RMAF and many other countries never seen the need to equip the F-5E with the Maverick back then becasue most of them use the fighter as an air defence fighter. RMAF probably mounted the mav on the F-5 now because they already have a maverick from the F/A-18 stock.