2.75 inch rockets?

STURM

Is there any way of determining if these rockets are standard 2.27 inch HE or
non-HE rockets used for marking. Thank you.

Last edited:

STURM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! Would you agree that they they look 2.75 inch? They don't appear to have folding fins though. Possibly from Forges de Zeebrugge or maybe CRV-7s.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
IPTN (now DI), produce this kind of rockets with license from Belgium (Forge de Zeebrug) since 1981. They produce 67mm (Mk 40) and 100 mm (Mk 60) type. The appearence similar with the photo's on your first post. The photo that I attach got from local forum few years back.

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
They look 2.75" Hydra's with training warheads aka blue spears. The three fins fold around the body at the nozzle end.

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Also just as an FYI, a google search on "munitions and missile colour markings" will bring up a wealth of information on their meanings, from type of explosive to, as an example, when looking at a missile where the motor is located, solid fuel, warhead, sensors etc

Cheers

STURM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The pod looks like an LAU-10 but I can't be sure. It could also be a LAU-61/LAU-68. As Gremlin pointed out, the rockets look like Hydras but the problem is, as Ananda pointed out, they also look like a bit like Zeebrugge rockets! :)

Back in the 1980's this unit used its PC-7 MK1s for the FAC and light attack role and I was trying to determine what rockets were used. There is a strong possibility that the rockets are Zunis as during this period Royal Malaysian Air Force [RMAF] F-5s and Skyhawks were arned with Zunis. Have been doing some Googleing but I can't determine if the Hydra, Zuni, CRV-7 or ones from Zeebrugge were ever integrated on the PC-7.

Last edited: