The agreements were signed in the presence of Italian Prime Minister, Matteo Renzi and Chinese Premier, Li Keqiang.
The first agreement is a Memorandum of Understanding between Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland and Beijing Automotive Industrial Corporation (BAIC) to pave the way to industrial cooperation for the marketing, maintenance and training for helicopters to be used exclusively for public purposes.
As a result of the agreement Finmeccanica-AgustaWestland may soon be supplying the Chinese market with 50 helicopters over a five-year period.
The second agreement concerns a memorandum between Ansaldo STS, a Finmeccanica company, and United Mechanical and Electrical Co. Ltd., for the execution of four projects (Hangzhou Line 4, Dalian Lines 1&2 extension, Shenyang Line 1, Xi’an Line 2) involving the supply of signalling systems based on CBTC technology. The company has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding under which the same Chinese company commits to negotiating the contracts related to the two projects (Chengdu Line 1 and 2, and Wenzhou S1).
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates