The Finnish Defence Forces awarded Raytheon Company a contract to procure PhantomIRxr thermal biocular systems. The biocular uses thermal imaging to pinpoint targets through darkness, smoke and dust. The bioculars will be on display at the International Defence Exhibition and Conference (IDEX).
Since 2011, Raytheon has supplied Finnish Defence Forces with multi-role thermal devices for missions that require close-combat imagery. The PhantomIRxr thermal biocular, with the latest thermal imaging technology, improves range and has advanced image processing algorithms and image stabilization to provide crisp, clear, stable images.
“The PhantomIRxr thermal biocular is a high-precision, low-cost infrared device that has an important role in all phases of military operations,” said Jeff Miller, vice president of Combat and Sensing Systems in Raytheon’s Network Centric Systems business. “It helps forces perform search and very precise targeting.”
Raytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Arsenal Ship Revisited. Again.
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Ukranian Crisis
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Remote Weapon Station Project ( project mentor needed)