The Eurofighter Typhoon Full Scale Replica (FSR) will take pride of place at the 13th Defence Services Asia Exhibition, being held at the Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur from 16-19 April 2012.
The Typhoon FSR will be situated at the VIP drop-off point outside Hall 4. Ministers, delegations and visitors will all be able to experience what it’s like to be a Typhoon pilot, sit in the cockpit and gain an understanding of his working environment.
Eurofighter Typhoon is the most capable, in service, multi-role fighter optimised for air defence. This year Royal Air Force Typhoon pilots will play a key role in providing airspace security for the London 2012 Olympics, their overall mission is to provide a safe and secure Olympic and Paralympic Games. However, this will be just an extension to Typhoon’s normal activities as they routinely police the UK skies 24-hours-a-day, every day of the year.
This follows Eurofighter Typhoon’s outstanding contribution during recent operations in Libya where the aircraft performed exceptionally well, demonstrating outstanding levels of availability and maintainability.
In late 2011, four UK RAF Typhoon aircraft from 6 Squadron flew from their base in Scotland to the Royal Malaysian Air Force airbase in Butterworth to take part in Exercise Bersama Lima achieving unsurpassed levels of availability.
The Typhoon has already been ordered by six nations (Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Austria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). With 559 aircraft under production contract, over 300 aircraft delivered and more than 135,000 flying hours achieved, Eurofighter Typhoon is Europe’s largest military collaborative programme and delivers leading-edge technology, strengthening Europe’s aerospace industry in the global competition.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- US Navy News and updates