Embraer Defense and Security and the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) signed a contract for the supply of logistics support and services for the fleet of 24 ERJ-145 (ERJ-145, ERJ-135, Legacy 600, RS, and AEW&C) family operated by FAB.
The ESSG (Embraer Support Solution for the Government) program includes material support, repair management, maintenance technical control, engineering support, and field technical support, besides scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services. The contract could reach US$ 130 million, of which US$ 98 million is a firm order for routine logistical support, with a potential addition of US$ 32 million in optional services.
The ESSG Program is an integrated solution that increases fleet availability and mission readiness, with a flat rate and defined performance requirements, eliminating financial risk for the client. By means of centralized management, it enables long term planning, integration of the global partners and suppliers´ network, and clear definition of deadlines for parts delivery. The expected result is a significant operational and support cost reduction for FAB.
“Providing FAB with a new service model, which will enable our client to accomplish its missions with excellence gives us great satisfaction”, said Eduardo Bonini Santos Pinto, Senior Vice-President of Operations and COO – Embraer Defense and Security. “We are convinced that the ESSG Program will contribute for a more efficient and economical management of FAB´s fleet”.
“This contract represents a great accomplishment for the development of the national defense industry, as attested by the experience and quality of Embraer services,” said Major-Brigadier Paulo João Cury, Director of Aeronautic and War Materials Department at FAB. “The ESSG Program allows the Air Force to meet its institutional objectives, including national territorial defense, with high performance and availability”.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- The Indonesian Army
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- DT Hall of Shame - Ban List
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- Russia might make ICBM submersible
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Surface vessel decoys and countermeasures
- U.S. Army use of ETD/EDS & CIED doctrine
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 / Super-7 Discussions
- Aircraft Surveillance Operator RAAF
- Tactical Nuclear weapons - still relevant?