Embraer Defense and Security and the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) signed a contract for the supply of logistics support and services for the fleet of 24 ERJ-145 (ERJ-145, ERJ-135, Legacy 600, RS, and AEW&C) family operated by FAB.
The ESSG (Embraer Support Solution for the Government) program includes material support, repair management, maintenance technical control, engineering support, and field technical support, besides scheduled and unscheduled maintenance services. The contract could reach US$ 130 million, of which US$ 98 million is a firm order for routine logistical support, with a potential addition of US$ 32 million in optional services.
The ESSG Program is an integrated solution that increases fleet availability and mission readiness, with a flat rate and defined performance requirements, eliminating financial risk for the client. By means of centralized management, it enables long term planning, integration of the global partners and suppliers´ network, and clear definition of deadlines for parts delivery. The expected result is a significant operational and support cost reduction for FAB.
“Providing FAB with a new service model, which will enable our client to accomplish its missions with excellence gives us great satisfaction”, said Eduardo Bonini Santos Pinto, Senior Vice-President of Operations and COO – Embraer Defense and Security. “We are convinced that the ESSG Program will contribute for a more efficient and economical management of FAB´s fleet”.
“This contract represents a great accomplishment for the development of the national defense industry, as attested by the experience and quality of Embraer services,” said Major-Brigadier Paulo João Cury, Director of Aeronautic and War Materials Department at FAB. “The ESSG Program allows the Air Force to meet its institutional objectives, including national territorial defense, with high performance and availability”.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indian Navy contemplating CVN. Folly or Vision?
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN) update
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russia's Arctic Expansion
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- F-35 - International Participation
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015
- Ukranian Crisis