Elbit Systems Ltd. subsidiary, Elbit Systems Land and C4I Ltd. was recently awarded a contract by the Israeli Ministry of Defense to supply Cardom artillery systems (known in the Israel Defense Forces as “Keshet”).
The contract, to be performed over six years, was part of the company’s December 31, 2012 announcement regarding a total of approximately $315 million in IMOD awards for several contracts in different areas. The Cardom award is a follow-on to a contract for the Israeli Defense Forces (“IDF”) awarded in September 2011.
Udi Vered, General Manager of Elbit Systems’ Land and C4I Division commented: “This additional IMOD contract attests to the maturity and the quality of the Cardom’s operational performance in the IDF and other armies worldwide. We are witnessing a growing global demand for the supply of advanced artillery systems and we hope that additional customers will select our solutions to address their artillery needs”.
Cardom integrates a 120mm mortar with innovative fire control, navigation, automatic aiming and propulsion systems. Considered among the most advanced systems of its kind in the world, Cardom is operational in the IDF as well as various armies in Europe, the United States and other countries. The systems have also been deployed in combat zones.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Principles of Strategy and Tactics
- F-18 Advanced Hornet
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- NZDF General discussion thread
- North Korean Military.
- Kapooka Pics
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Potential of international arbitration to change Timor Sea Treaty
- Royal New Zealand Air Force