Elbit Systems Ltd. subsidiary, Elbit Systems Land and C4I Ltd. was recently awarded a contract by the Israeli Ministry of Defense to supply Cardom artillery systems (known in the Israel Defense Forces as “Keshet”).
The contract, to be performed over six years, was part of the company’s December 31, 2012 announcement regarding a total of approximately $315 million in IMOD awards for several contracts in different areas. The Cardom award is a follow-on to a contract for the Israeli Defense Forces (“IDF”) awarded in September 2011.
Udi Vered, General Manager of Elbit Systems’ Land and C4I Division commented: “This additional IMOD contract attests to the maturity and the quality of the Cardom’s operational performance in the IDF and other armies worldwide. We are witnessing a growing global demand for the supply of advanced artillery systems and we hope that additional customers will select our solutions to address their artillery needs”.
Cardom integrates a 120mm mortar with innovative fire control, navigation, automatic aiming and propulsion systems. Considered among the most advanced systems of its kind in the world, Cardom is operational in the IDF as well as various armies in Europe, the United States and other countries. The systems have also been deployed in combat zones.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:new israeli artillery system
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Will we see future tank projects such as the Leopard 3 emerging?
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Taiwan Launches Its Largest-Ever Missile Ship
- US Army Awards AMPV to BAE Systems, Future Fights Loom
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- Official Chengdu J-20 Discussion Thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- ADF General discussion thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates