Elbit Systems has announced that it was awarded a contract by the Israeli Ministry of Defense (IMOD) in the amount of approximately $40 million to supply Cardom systems to the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF).
Manufactured by Elbit Systems’ subsidiary Soltam Systems Ltd., Cardom systems were initially supplied to the IDF in 2007 and are considered among the most advanced of their kind in the world. The systems are to be supplied over a period of four years.
The Cardom systems integrate a 120mm mortar with innovative fire control, navigation, automatic aiming and propulsion systems.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Scottish Independence
- Ukranian Crisis
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Made in Singapore Equipment
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Potential of Gripen M, the naval variant...
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Comparing aerial warfare with and without drones