Elbit Systems Ltd. announced today that it was awarded a contract to supply a Latin American country with Hermes 900 Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). The project is not in an amount that is material to Elbit Systems.
The UAS will also include complementing ground control stations, as well as Elbit Systems Electro-optics – Elop Ltd.’s highly advanced DCoMPASS payload systems and radar systems.
Hermes 900 builds on the vast operational experience of the Hermes 450, the backbone of the Israel Defense Forces’ UAS fleet. Hermes 900 offers a range of enhanced capabilities, from higher flight altitude (over 30,000 ft) to longer endurance and larger payload capacity. The system’s unique multipurpose payload bay enables it to carry a wide variety of payloads in different shapes and sizes for quick “conversion” between various payload configurations.
The common unified ground control station (UGCS) and the shared software architecture and training programs, allows the Hermes 900 to offer seamless integration for existing Hermes 450 users, enhancing operational flexibility and cost effectiveness.
Joseph Ackerman, President and CEO of Elbit Systems, commented: “We are very proud of the Hermes 900 selection, a major milestone in our UAS activity, following the Israeli Defense Forces’ Hermes 900 order”. Ackerman added: “The selection attests to the customer’s trust in our cutting edge UAS technology and further strengthens our position as a world leading UAS supplier. We hope that other international customers will follow in selecting the Hermes 900 as their preferred solution.”
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (“C4ISR”), unmanned aircraft systems (“UAS”), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russia might make ICBM submersible
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Go Bag - contents and rationale
- Air Power Australia and Low-Observability
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- The Indonesian Army
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Pakistan Air Force [PAF] News and Discussions
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- F-35 Program - General Discussion