The annual command post exercise keeps Eighth Army and its main ground maneuver formation, 2nd Infantry Division, ready to deter aggression on the Korean Peninsula and maintain stability in the Asia Pacific region.
Defensive in nature, Warpath III was a computer-simulation exercise that involved more than 5,000 American and South Korean troops from both on and off the Korean Peninsula.
Eighth Army and its major subordinate commands are the only U.S. Army formations that train for real world missions within enemy artillery range.
Headquartered at Camp Red Cloud, the 2nd Infantry Division, is the only permanently forward deployed combat division in the U.S. Army.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- F-35 - International Participation
- Battlefield communications in high radiation environments
- Opinions on military and strategy games
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- UFO or secret fighter jet?
- Unidentified beeping sound
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Indonesian Aero News