The annual command post exercise keeps Eighth Army and its main ground maneuver formation, 2nd Infantry Division, ready to deter aggression on the Korean Peninsula and maintain stability in the Asia Pacific region.
Defensive in nature, Warpath III was a computer-simulation exercise that involved more than 5,000 American and South Korean troops from both on and off the Korean Peninsula.
Eighth Army and its major subordinate commands are the only U.S. Army formations that train for real world missions within enemy artillery range.
Headquartered at Camp Red Cloud, the 2nd Infantry Division, is the only permanently forward deployed combat division in the U.S. Army.
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:8th army korea
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- China invasion of Johnson Reef of Vietnam on March 14th 1988
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35 - International Participation
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Republic of Singapore Air Force Discussions
- Т-35A Up and Running
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Army Pictures
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Body Armour
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates