Egypt is now the 13th international customer for Lockheed Martin’s (NYSE: LMT) Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod (ATP), which provides precision targeting and non-traditional intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (NTISR) in a single lightweight system.
“The Egyptian Air Force is a well-established customer of Lockheed Martin targeting systems, having flown LANTIRN targeting pods since the early 1990s,” said Hugh Woods, international program manager in Lockheed Martin’s Missiles and Fire Control business. “We are eager to ensure that EAF pilots have access to advanced targeting and NTISR capabilities by outfitting Peace Vector aircraft with Sniper.”
With this order, the EAF joins the U.S. Air Force, Air National Guard and 12 international allies in fielding Sniper ATP’s exceptional stability and superior imagery, which allow aircrews to positively identify targets of interest from extended standoff ranges. Sniper pods provide advanced targeting and NTISR capability on U.S. Air Force and multinational F-16, F-15, B-1, F-18, Harrier, A-10 and B-52 aircraft.
Sniper ATP provides critical long-range, positive target identification, enhancing an aircrew’s ability to detect and analyze ground targets while dramatically decreasing the risks posed by enemy air defenses. The system’s stable, automatic tracking and laser designation of targets, along with a video datalink with metadata, ensure pilots can visually identify threats in day/night conditions and share imagery with ground troops
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security company that employs about 126,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The Corporation’s 2010 sales from continuing operations were $45.8 billion.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Navy Carrier Battle Group composition
- Ukranian Crisis
- Cooling system supplier for Wheeled armored vehicle
- Gaza/Israel clashes thread
- Indonesian Aero News
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates