The Rheinmetall Group of Düsseldorf and the Dutch armed forces have agreed to extend an existing agreement for the supply of various ammunition types in close cooperation between Rheinmetall and the Netherlands. The new 7-year agreement runs to the end of 2019. Under the existing agreement, Rheinmetall generated annual sales averaging €25 million during each of the past two years.
Ad van de Geijn, Director of the Dutch Procurement Authority, and Armin Papperger, Chairman of the Executive Board of Rheinmetall Defence, signed the contract in December 2012 at Unterlüß in northern Germany.
The decision to extend the agreement, which dates from 2007, reflects the longstanding mutual trust that characterizes relations between Rheinmetall and the Dutch armed forces. At the same time, it sets the stage for intensified long-term cooperation that will benefit both sides.
This wide-ranging agreement further reinforces Rheinmetall’s role as a leading supplier of large- and medium-calibre weapons and ammunition to NATO member states and other like minded nations.
The Dutch Army turns to Rheinmetall for a wide variety of ammunition types in many different calibres, including service and practice versions as well as propelling technology. The partnership agreement provides the Dutch military with a reliable, long-term source of supply for top-quality ammunition, coupled with a streamlined procurement process.
To date, both parties have benefitted in a multitude of ways from the agreement, leading to better communication as well as facilitating processing of customer requests and orders. The Dutch military has also gained from the sale of obsolete defence equipment. In short, major advantages have accrued to both customer and contractor, with close cooperation resulting in greater orientation to the evolving needs of the Dutch armed forces.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- US Navy News and updates
- World Air force directory
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD