SAN DIEGO, CA: A defense unit of Cubic Corporation has been awarded a contract worth more than $30 million to supply small arms training systems to Saudi Arabia.
Cubic will provide its EST 2000 Engagement Skills Trainer to the Saudi Arabian National Guard under a contract from the U.S. Army’s Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI). The contract is Cubic’s largest ever involving a foreign customer for the EST 2000 small arms trainer.
Manufactured by Cubic’s Simulation Systems Division in Orlando, EST 2000 uses digital video projectors, high-definition screens, game-based computer graphics, and ballistically accurate simulated weapons to create lifelike virtual combat scenarios. The systems are used for teaching and maintaining marksmanship skills, team and squad training, and for “shoot/don’t shoot” simulations for soldiers and security teams.
The Saudi Arabian National Guard will use an enhanced version of EST 2000, incorporating a new graphics engine that produces graphics that are detailed and realistic. The SANG systems will also operate in English or Arabic as selected at startup.
“Cubic is honored that the Saudi Arabian National Guard has chosen the EST 2000 as its small arms training system,” said John Naff, Vice President of Business Development for Cubic Defense Applications. “The systems will be deployed across the Eastern, Central and Western Provinces, for training members of the National Guard.”
Cubic is teamed with a local company to provide the building infrastructure to accommodate the EST 2000 systems, as well as 12 months of maintenance support.
Cubic has fielded more than 1,000 EST 2000 systems to the U.S. military and to customers around the world.
Cubic Simulation Systems, Inc. is part of the Defense Systems business of Cubic Corporation. Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major business segments: Defense Systems, Mission Support Services and Transportation Systems. Cubic Defense Systems is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems and defense electronics. Mission Support Services is a leading provider of training, operations, maintenance, technical and other support services.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- DT Hall of Shame - Ban List
- Philippines to Re-Focus on Territorial Defence in 2012
- Regional implications of PKK's truce with Turkey
- Russia might make ICBM submersible
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Surface vessel decoys and countermeasures
- U.S. Army use of ETD/EDS & CIED doctrine
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 / Super-7 Discussions
- Aircraft Surveillance Operator RAAF
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Tactical Nuclear weapons - still relevant?
- The Indonesian Army