By 2014, China’s HLS & Public Safety Market1) will replace the U.S. as the world’s leading national HLS & Public Safety market.
Based on the detailed “China 12th Five Year Plan (2011-2015)” documents and HSRC research, the China Homeland Security & Public Safety Market – 2012-2020 report illustrates that:
- China’s Homeland Security & Public Safety market will be the world’s leading HLS & Public Safety national market. By 2014, China will replace the U.S.A. market which has dominated the world’s HLS & Public Safety market since WWII.
- In 2012 foreign-based companies supplied $26.3 Billion worth of premium HLS & Public Safety products and services.
- While the U.S. embargo on military equipment and technologies export to China limits the export of defense products to this country, the U.S. government, including the State Department and the Department of Commerce, encourages the export of American HLS & Public Safety products and technologies to China.
- Foreign-based companies which are active in China’s HLS & Public Safety market include: IBM China, FLIR AB Group, GE Security Asia, Honeywell Security Group, Tyco Fire & Security, Panasonic, Samsung Electronics, Siemens, Bosch Security, Sony, Sikorsky, Honeywell and EADS.
- 2 out of 3 new airports built in the world are in China.
- China’s government 650 “Safe City” program funding will reach over $180 Billion during 2013-2020.
- China’s smart video surveillance market, the world’s largest, is dominated by foreign-based corporations.
- The country’s public transportation system which is the world’s largest is poised to undergo a multi-billion security upgrade.
- Three decades of dramatic economic growth have bred social tensions, ethnic frictions and domestic terror which have led the central government to invest “whatever it takes” to defend the economical-social-political fabric of China.
- According to the “China 12th Five Year Plan (2110-2015)” documents, the country’s Homeland Security & Public Safety funding grew from $100 million in 2011 to $111 million in 2012 and will reach $159 Billion by 2015. HSRC forecast’s that this funding will reach $257 Billion by 2020.
- China’s Homeland Security & Public Safety market grew from $40 million in 2011 to $45 million in 2012 and will reach $58 Billion by 2015. HSRC forecast that the funding will reach $105 Billion by 2020.
- According to the “China 12th Five Year Plan (2011-2015)” documents, China’s Homeland Security & Public Safety funding is and will continue to be larger than China’s Defense funding.
Note: This claim is debated by many in the west, including the U.S. DOD and HSRC analysts since China’s definition of the defense budget is different than the NATO’s.
In this report, both the Homeland Security as well as the Public Safety markets are included since, in many cases, products have HLS and Public Safety dual-use applications and present the same business opportunities. For example:
- The Bio terror mitigation infrastructure is also used to contain pandemic disease outbreaks.
- First responders’ command, control and communication systems are used to respond to both manmade disasters such as terror events, and natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes (public safety).
With 465 pages, 334 tables and figures, the Report offers for each of its 154 sub-markets 2010-2012 data, funding and market size, as well as 2013-2020 forecasts and analysis. The report is the first and only comprehensive review of the People’s Republic of China’s Homeland Security & Public Safety market report available today. Including
2010-2012 Market and 2013-2020 market forecast and business opportunities by application including:
Safe Cities, Critical Infrastructure Security, Aviation Security, Public Events Security, Maritime Security, Mass Transportation Security, Land Border Security, First Responders, CBRN Terror and Hazmat & Disease Outbreak Mitigation.
2010-2012 Market and 2013-2020 market forecast and business opportunities by technology including:
Smart video surveillance systems, Explosives & Contraband Detection, Bio-Terror & Disease Outbreak Mitigation, People Security Screening, Perimeter Security Systems, Biometric ID, CCTV Surveillance, Information & Communication Technology, Cyber Security, Command, Control & Communication Systems, Natural & Manmade Disaster Rescue & Recovery Equipment, Communication Equipment.
Foreign-based companies market share for each sub-market
Competitive environment: More than 70 leading foreign-based and local vendors and their products.
Market analysis: e.g., market drivers & inhibitors, SWOT analysis.
Business Environment: Three chapters:
- Protecting intellectual property in China,
- Doing HLS & public safety business in China by foreign companies,
- Contact information for foreign importers to China of HLS & public safety products.
Business opportunities and challenges for each “by application” and “by technology” market category.
(1) Excluding the PLA Homeland Defense market and post warranty maintenance and upgrade business
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Navy
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'