This report offers insights into market opportunities and entry strategies adopted by foreign OEMs to gain a market share in the Brazilian defense industry.
Brazil maintains stable and amicable relationships with its neighboring countries, and has not engaged in any major armed conflict with another nation in over 50 years. The country is vast and geographically diverse and is home to the Amazon River and rainforests. It also has large reserves of several natural resources, and has recently discovered substantial oil reserves. The country’s defense procurements are largely focused on the protection of its substantial resources from illegal mining, deforestation and drug trafficking. The Brazilian Ministry of Defense aims to decrease its dependence on foreign OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and enhancing its domestic defense capabilities. As such, it prefers to procure defense technology from foreign OEMs, which is then constructed by domestic defense companies. This provides domestic defense firms with technology and equipment which they can integrate into their existing systems. The technology procured has assisted the development of the country’s aeronautical industry, and continues to provide the Brazilian defense forces advanced attack helicopters, light attack aircrafts and air cargo transport systems.
In particular, it offers in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market opportunity and attractiveness: Detailed analysis of the current market size and growth expectations during 2010–2016, including highlights of the key drivers, to aid understanding of the growth dynamics. It also benchmarks the sector against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
- Procurement dynamics: Trend analysis of imports and exports, along with their implications and impact on the Brazilian defense industry.
- Industry structure: Five forces analysis to identify various power centers in the industry and how these are likely to develop in the future.
- Market entry strategy: Analysis of possible ways to enter the market, along with knowledge of how existing companies have entered the market, including key contracts, alliances, and strategic initiatives.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: Analysis of the competitive landscape of defense manufacturers in Brazil. It provides an overview of the key defense companies (both domestic and foreign) along with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
- Business environment and country risk: A range of drivers at country level, assessing business environment and country risk. It covers historical and forecast values for a range of indicators evaluating business confidence, economic performance, infrastructure quality and availability, labor force, demographics, and political and social risk.
- Analysis of defense industry market size from 2005 through 2010 and forecasts till 2016
- Analysis of defense budget allocation
- Benchmarking with key global markets
- Market opportunities
- Defense procurement dynamics
- Industry dynamics
- Market entry strategy
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights
- Business environment and country risk
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insight into the Brazilian defense industry with current, historic and forecast market values
- Get insight into market opportunity and attractiveness
- Get insight into industry procurement dynamics
- Gain insight into industry structure
- Gain insight into regulations governing the Brazilian defense industry and the potential market entry strategies with an expert analysis of the competitive structure
- Identify top companies of the Brazilian defense industry along with profiles of all those companies
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- ADF General discussion thread
- Iraqi Air Force and Air Defense
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Mexico's military defense
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia tests new missiles
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates