In accordance with the Agreement on the development of military-technical cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus dated December 10, 2009, today in Minsk the contract on 4 Yak-130 combat-trainers delivery in 2015 was signed by the Belarusian Defence Ministry and IRKUT Corporation (a part of United Aircraft Corporation).
The signing ceremony was attended by Belarusian Defence Minister Y. Zhadobin, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Belarus A. Surikov, Director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation of Russia A. Fomin, President of JSC IRKUT Corporation O. Demchenko.
Yak-130 two-seat combat trainer intended for the basic and advanced trainings of fighter pilots was developed by the Yakovlev Design Bureau – an IRKUT Corporation company, and now serially produced at the Irkutsk aviation plant.
The Republic of Belarus is the first among the CIS countries procuring Yak-130 Combat trainers.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- Some newer stuff from me...so far
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- How truly capable is the United States Navy?
- US Navy News and updates
- Singapore Navy
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- NZDF General discussion thread
- New Zealand Army Organisation