In accordance with the Agreement on the development of military-technical cooperation between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus dated December 10, 2009, today in Minsk the contract on 4 Yak-130 combat-trainers delivery in 2015 was signed by the Belarusian Defence Ministry and IRKUT Corporation (a part of United Aircraft Corporation).
The signing ceremony was attended by Belarusian Defence Minister Y. Zhadobin, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Belarus A. Surikov, Director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation of Russia A. Fomin, President of JSC IRKUT Corporation O. Demchenko.
Yak-130 two-seat combat trainer intended for the basic and advanced trainings of fighter pilots was developed by the Yakovlev Design Bureau – an IRKUT Corporation company, and now serially produced at the Irkutsk aviation plant.
The Republic of Belarus is the first among the CIS countries procuring Yak-130 Combat trainers.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- The Indonesian Army
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Ukranian Crisis
- Author Research - Exercises
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates